Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ℒℯ Cthulu's Penis

FPS increase

Just want to say that I'm not a super knowledgeable guy when it comes to things like this and hardware.

For about a year I've been sitting at around 28 frames until this newest patch (yay hitbox bug) when I felt like changing it up with a one-under-native-resolution resolution.

At this time I had all of the lowest possible graphics settings and I just decided to crank it all to max, including motion blur (because fuck my eyes, amr?).

Well, what came of this was about 31 frames until I opened any kind of overlay such as the buy menu and scoreboard, which would reduce my frames to approx. 2 frames per second.

This resulted in me taking about 18 seconds to buy, and occasionally I'd be shot in T-Spawn 4Head 

So after about 5 minutes of 2 frames in the video options menu I had everything at the 2nd lowest setting. Hitting 45 frames sometimes but usually at about 35fps.

(Also back to native)

Just wanted to let people know and if anyone knows why I'd be interested in knowing why.

TL;DR Changed graphical settings higher and have improved FPS and graphics Kappa 

magicb41e5.gif

Do you play csgo on your phone or something? Even the HD4000 integrated GPU hits above 60fps at max settings. Software issue may affect the gaming performance, but that can only be ruled out if the hardware is decent, which you did not mention. The increase in fps could be your selecting multicore rendering to on from off. 

6 hours ago, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

I have the same issue, if anyone could share your fps bosst launch option configs it would be great. I normally play on 30 fps

+mat_queue_mode 2 (What it does) (This will actually hurt your fps if you use a i7-4770k CPU)

-high (What it does) (This can also be done manually every time you open csgo by going into task manager, going to the "details" tab, finding "csgo.exe," right clicking it, hovering over the "Set priority" drop-down menu, and selecting a priority) (This will probably not help much if your computer is GPU limited)

-novid (What it does) (This won't help increase fps, it is just useful in my opinion)

-nod3d9ex (What it does)

-fullscreen (Why it works)

Running CS:GO in a lower resolution will probably help increase your FPS, but it is up to personal preference whether you are willing to sacrifice your resolution for your FPS or not. Also, there are probably other settings that help as well, I just have not heard of them beyond the basic stuff with the "Low," "Medium," "High" settings in the options menus. Finally, outside of CS:GO, you should probably optimize your graphics card in its control panel, be in Nvidia or AMD, as they don't always prioritize FPS.

I've experienced FPS drop from my computer before while playing CSGO, and this helped me alot, now i'm playing at like 200-300 FPS instead of like 20-30

*Note, This is for Windows 10, I don't know if it works with any other version.*

First right click on the windows icon, click System, go to Advanced system settings.
Go to Performance Settings, click Adjust for best performance, APPLY, OK.
Go to the search bar on your taskbar, type msconfig.
Go to the Boot tab, Check No GUI boot, change Timeout from 30 sec to 3 sec, check Make all boot settings permanent.
Go to Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, check the ones you want to apply (recommend Disable all).
Go to Startup tab, click Open Task Manager, Enable/Disable the programs you want to startup, Close Task Manager.
APPLY, OK, Restart, And you done.

This should work for you, it's helped me.

I've experienced FPS drop from my computer before while playing CSGO, and this helped me alot, now i'm playing at like 200-300 FPS instead of like 20-30

*Note, This is for Windows 10, I don't know if it works with any other version.*

First right click on the windows icon, click System, go to Advanced system settings.

Go to Performance Settings, click Adjust for best performance, APPLY, OK.

Go to the search bar on your taskbar, type msconfig.

Go to the Boot tab, Check No GUI boot, change Timeout from 30 sec to 3 sec, check Make all boot settings permanent.

Go to Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, check the ones you want to apply (recommend Disable all).

Go to Startup tab, click Open Task Manager, Enable/Disable the programs you want to startup, Close Task Manager.

APPLY, OK, Restart, And you done.

This should work for you, it's helped me.

So after all of this you started at like 20-30 FPS and went all the way up to 200+?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

So after all of this you started at like 20-30 FPS and went all the way up to 200+?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Basically, it helped me out alot