Sign in to follow this  
projectmayhem9

Aliens and God

See this conversation is kinda dumb. We all know that people who follow religion are not open minded. Why are you not open minded if you follow religion? Because you have closed your mind to all other possibilities by believing in whatever you believe. You can never be convinced that someone else has good points because you have faith in your belief which prevents you from using logical reasoning. It's just the truth, now take your medicine.

And to add to the topic. Aliens must exist. They have to exist. The vastness of the universe just prevents most of them from getting here just like we can't leave our planet ATM.

I am a religious person, more religious then most people, however i am open to other people's beliefs and opinions, because i like to hear what other people believe in, i don't have to agree with it, i don't have to believe in what he believes in because it may be more logical, but i respect other people's beliefs, and i find it interesting that everyone has their own belief system. Like Project said, More then one God could exist in different parts/dimensions of the universe, those are not my beliefs, but i am a kind and understanding person, so i said, yes my friend, that is possible, and it really is, whether you agree with it or not is your problem, but i am just stating that i love to hear what other people believe in, it is interesting to me.

Yes I was serious Foh. Even though you think you are so intelligent, you being religious prevents you from having an open mind about certain things. Religions corrupts the mind or "taints" decision making. Ultimately it creates flaws in logic. This is not a bad thing. So I hope you don't take it as such. But being religious does make you close minded, pure and simple the fact cannot be argued. Switchblade, even though you are very open minded, faith is what will sway your decision making process subconsciously. Believing and having faith is not a bad thing, in fact religion and faith has most likely saved more people than it has destroyed. But we are at the point in our society when religion can take a back seat as far as law and order. Religion is a system of control that humans have depended on for thousands of years. At this point, we depend on religion. Without religion our society would crumble. It would unravel our entire moral fabric.

Yes I was serious Foh. Even though you think you are so intelligent, you being religious prevents you from having an open mind about certain things. Religions corrupts the mind or "taints" decision making. Ultimately it creates flaws in logic. This is not a bad thing. So I hope you don't take it as such. But being religious does make you close minded, pure and simple the fact cannot be argued. Switchblade, even though you are very open minded, faith is what will sway your decision making process subconsciously. Believing and having faith is not a bad thing, in fact religion and faith has most likely saved more people than it has destroyed. But we are at the point in our society when religion can take a back seat as far as law and order. Religion is a system of control that humans have depended on for thousands of years. At this point, we depend on religion. Without religion our society would crumble. It would unravel our entire moral fabric.

hey you i am an open minded person.

Anyways. What if the creator (God) made other species in other worlds (which we call aliens). That are more advanced but with deformities (handicap etc). Like each species has its uniqueness (or planet). 1 planet has enhanced human attributes but there intellect is equal to dogs. Or one species is really smart but have some kind of deformities of which i said before. While humans like project said was crafted by what god wants us to be. So he put one unique thing from each species in the universe to two humans as a test. (Boy/girl) As the population grew our attributes from each species began to weaken and we are still tested by god today if we are truly what he wanted us to be.

I agree with one of Fox's statements up there, Religion doesn't seem to be the highest order anymore. As I said before, religion is a system of morals and guidelines, and I still believe this to be true, and I also aknowledge there may be a higher order to religion, as in God and Heaven. The main flaw with these kinds of topics is that Religion is what you make of it.

Although I disagree with you that there HAS to be other lifeforms in the universe. The absolute, incomprehensible vastness of the Universe makes it so, so likely, but there is always a chance that we are the only ones out here.

Just please don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. I grew up in a very religious home. I have seen religion. I have seen what it can do and can't do.

Just please don't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. I grew up in a very religious home. I have seen religion. I have seen what it can do and can't do.

Well i am an agnostic (did i spell it right). Me? Well i try not to let anything get in my way of accomplishing my goal. For religion yes it does change what i do daily. (I try not to sin)

So i have to agree with you bios.

Well i am an agnostic (did i spell it right). Me? Well i try not to let anything get in my way of accomplishing my goal. For religion yes it does change what i do daily. (I try not to sin)

So i have to agree with you bios.

Like I said, religion can be a good thing. In fact like I said, it CAN and DOES save people.

Like I said, religion can be a good thing. In fact like I said, it CAN and DOES save people.

Its like as if you know me. Cause religion prevented me from swearing. Now i don't swear in public or if i do. I only say 1 or 2 words. but I RARELY say it. you wont ever see me saying it tho

I see where he's going with this. He's right, too... Someone's set of beliefs will ultimately determine what they choose to accept and reject-- For example, Foh, your homophobia is deep rooted in your system of morals, which were basically formed based off of the beliefs of the Church towards the LGBT crowd.

He's not calling you all closed-minded neocons (though some of you are), he's saying that there are some thing which you will refuse to accept because of your faith.

I see where he's going with this. He's right, too... Someone's set of beliefs will ultimately determine what they choose to accept and reject-- For example, Foh, your homophobia is deep rooted in your system of morals, which were basically formed based off of the beliefs of the Church towards the LGBT crowd.

He's not calling you all closed-minded neocons (though some of you are), he's saying that there are some thing which you will refuse to accept because of your faith.

Perfectly said Junzou. I have had deep long conversations with my mom about science and other facts that are not debatable. Even so, I still never get anywhere because she will refuse to accept anything I say because "Jesus is the only way," and "you live in sin without Jesus as your savior." So, no matter what solution I present, she will not here it because she believes it to be true. When I present hypothetical questions to her like, "What if aliens exist?" or, "What if there is no God?", she stops me before I can finish and says, "but they don't exist." Then she'd finish by saying, "but there is a God."

And there you have it, the reason why religion was created. Humans desire and need absolution in their lives. Religion fills in all the areas that go unanswered in a person's life.

Perfectly said Junzou. I have had deep long conversations with my mom about science and other facts that are not debatable. Even so, I still never get anywhere because she will refuse to accept anything I say because "Jesus is the only way," and "you live in sin without Jesus as your savior." So, no matter what solution I present, she will not here it because she believes it to be true. When I present hypothetical questions to her like, "What if aliens exist?" or, "What if there is no God?", she stops me before I can finish and says, "but they don't exist." Then she'd finish by saying, "but there is a God."

And there you have it, the reason why religion was created. Humans desire and need absolution in their lives. Religion fills in all the areas that go unanswered in a person's life.

We must keep in mind though that our beliefs, in science or whatever, make us closed-minded as well, but we justify it by saying "That's not fact." Hell, maybe Westboro has the answer and everyone is going to Hell.

Guest Fohacidal

Im not dealing with you anymore, can you not see that this is the type of bullshit I have to go through when talking to athiests in person. You guys try so hard to prove religion is false, or that theists are imperfect, close minded, stubborn hypocrites. I can tell you one thing, religion does not take over my life, it does not cloud my judgement and doesnt impair my decision making. I suggest before you make OUTLANDISH claims about people that you fucking get to know them first, I knew Waylon was joking earlier, but your really reaching that point where I want to punch your face in for your blatant arrogance.

And I dont care if you balanced your argument by "sympathizing" with why religion might be good, all your doing is saying its an obsolete tool, its neither a tool, nor obsolete, open your mind not to religion, but to people who have faith, whether it be christianity or buddhaism, you are the close minded person here.

Im not homophobic, I dont mind gay people as long as they leave me alone or dont think they deserve special rights because they are gay. And to assume such a facet of my personality is solely based on my religion is really silly, I thought you were studying psychology.

Im not homophobic, I dont mind gay people as long as they leave me alone or dont think they deserve special rights because they are gay. And to assume such a facet of my personality is solely based on my religion is really silly, I thought you were studying psychology.

You're a bigot or a homophobe, pick one. Your behavior on here towards forum members who are gay is undeniable evidence of that.

And I didn't say based solely on your religion, read more son. I said that it was shaped in great part by the Church's beliefs about homosexuals-- more than likely, your parents are members of the same religion, and so are at least a few of your close friends, so they would influence you as well (and they are in turn influenced by the Church as well).

Guest Fohacidal
You're a bigot or a homophobe, pick one. Your behavior on here towards forum members who are gay is undeniable evidence of that.

And I didn't say based solely on your religion, read more son. I said that it was shaped in great part by the Church's beliefs about homosexuals-- more than likely, your parents are members of the same religion, and so are at least a few of your close friends, so they would influence you as well (and they are in turn influenced by the Church as well).

1. Im neither, and if your only reference is the situation between Zeus and I against creative then way to go at making shallow assessments, it wasnt a protest against homosexuals, just the fact that creative hated the word fag, and we thought it was rediculous that for some reason this imaginary anti-fag-word rule could appear out of nowhere.

2. Believe it or not none of my close friends are Roman Catholics, in fact some of my really good friends (the smarter ones to) are athiests or agnostics. Also, even more ironically my mom is for helping homosexuals.

Edit: You said forum members, as in, there is more then 1 gay person here at UV? I thought it was just creative

Guest starscream

Or maybe god just made us "in his image" in form alone, not necessarily in any other dimensions. If the logic "in his image" would lead to the statement "most advanced", should it not also mean we would be gods as well? I propose this argument as not cogent

1. Im neither, and if your only reference is the situation between Zeus and I against creative then way to go at making shallow assessments, it wasnt a protest against homosexuals, just the fact that creative hated the word fag, and we thought it was rediculous that for some reason this imaginary anti-fag-word rule could appear out of nowhere.

2. Believe it or not none of my close friends are Roman Catholics, in fact some of my really good friends (the smarter ones to) are athiests or agnostics. Also, even more ironically my mom is for helping homosexuals.

Edit: You said forum members, as in, there is more then 1 gay person here at UV? I thought it was just creative

Yeah, I used plural. There are other members that don't want to come out because they perceive people like you as a threat.

There's no definite way to know if aliens exist, but there's some people that make you wonder. Like Riley Martin, for example.

Check him out:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUOno52vyYE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUOno52vyYE[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=BjzhOebc_EY&feature=related]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BjzhOebc_EY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=71tnIg6uZAw&feature=related]http://youtube.com/watch?v=71tnIg6uZAw&feature=related[/ame] (This series goes on for 5 parts)

This guy doesn't seem like a raving lunatic. In fact, he seems quite well-spoken and intelligent. Just watch, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Guest Fohacidal
Yeah, I used plural. There are other members that don't want to come out because they perceive people like you as a threat.

Lol how did I miss this post, you make me laugh

If im actually a threat maybe I should start commiting hate crimes and dissing gay people on the forums, because if Im a threat in my current state a little bit more agression wont matter.

Lol how did I miss this post, you make me laugh

If im actually a threat maybe I should start commiting hate crimes and dissing gay people on the forums, because if Im a threat in my current state a little bit more agression wont matter.

You already do that.

As far as hate crimes, I wouldn't take your little episode with Creative in the ZM server that far, but it sure as fuck wasn't a crime of love.

Guest Fohacidal
You already do that.

As far as hate crimes, I wouldn't take your little episode with Creative in the ZM server that far, but it sure as fuck wasn't a crime of love.

Consider it what you want I could care less, but zeus and I both know very well our intentions were not to aggravate those of opposite sexual orientation, you just like to make me the enemy.

Consider it what you want I could care less, but zeus and I both know very well our intentions were not to aggravate those of opposite sexual orientation, you just like to make me the enemy.

You make it so easy...

Guest Fohacidal
You make it so easy...

Not really, you manipulate stuff to your advantage, anyone can do that

Guest Fohacidal
But only a few can do it successfully. And it didn't take much manipulating this time.

Dont flatter yourself