Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hay0ger.Tonee

Graphics Card

So...I currently am completely uninformed in terms of the "new" 1070 and 1080

At this moment, i have a 970. the regular nvidia model, not evga or anything like that.

I have no idea if i really need to get such a thing, but i have the chance to get a 1080.

I want to play games, i want to be able to stream, i want max setting with max fps with max whatever the fuck else, but do I NEED the 1080 for that?

I need to know, is it worth the, around, 200 dollars more for the longer-lasting better fps card? Or should I just get a 1070.

my monitor is pretty shitty, i think it's only 60hz 1080p, but i plan on getting a better one in the future.

5 minutes ago, Hay0ger.Tonee said:

So...I currently am completely uninformed in terms of the "new" 1070 and 1080

I have no idea if i really need to get such a thing, but i have the chance to get a 1080.

I want to play games, i want to be able to stream, i want max setting with max fps with max whatever the fuck else, but do I NEED the 1080 for that?

I need to know, is it worth the, around, 200 dollars more for the longer-lasting better fps card? Or should I just get a 1070.

You should get all of them to be sure

Does it matter, when your white, rich, cisgendered parents are paying for it?

Threads like these are so fucking stupid, when you don't post any information about your set-up, especially your monitor, or graphical desires.

3 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Threads like these are so fucking stupid, when you don't post any information about your set-up, especially your monitor, or graphical desires.

you can just ask for what i have instead of being a dick because i don't know any better

2 minutes ago, Gerald said:

I'm not sure if this is an inside joke or something, super unnecessary.

Onto your post:

Pretty much read this: http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/streaming#optimize

Tl;Dr: If you are using your CPU to encode your stream, yeah, you'll need a better CPU. If you use your GPU to do video encoding (or streaming using OBS' NVIDIA NVENC option), a 1080 will do wonders for you.

11 minutes ago, Swed said:

I'm not sure if this is an inside joke or something, super unnecessary.

Onto your post:

Pretty much read this: http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/streaming#optimize

Tl;Dr: If you are using your CPU to encode your stream, yeah, you'll need a better CPU. If you use your GPU to do video encoding (or streaming using OBS' NVIDIA NVENC option), a 1080 will do wonders for you.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Hay0ger.Tonee said:

Thanks!

No problem, feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions!

Also, use PCPartPicker to make sure a new card will be compatible with your current components (and fit your case!) and that you have enough wattage to run it properly.

1 minute ago, Swed said:

No problem, feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions!

Also, use PCPartPicker to make sure a new card will be compatible with your current components (and fit your case!) and that you have enough wattage to run it properly.

oh shit i didn't even think about that..

card length and what your case will hold without impacting other shit is always the worst part.

16 hours ago, Gerald said:

That's a little harsh. It's frustrating to talk about this kinda stuff with people who don't know what they're looking at/for, but damn dude keep that in your head.

d1OkjxE.jpg

On 8/24/2016 at 5:46 PM, Gerald said:

Ul3BJxv.gif