Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ordinarygamer96

Man climbing trump tower

That made a normal Wednesday a bit more entertaining... props to the big cop that yanked his ass in through the window. 

On 8/12/2016 at 2:25 PM, Dyscivist said:

Dumb fag should try climbing the walls in Israel.

Yeah they're really hard to climb and get over.... lmao

@Tuxedofunk It's not a one time price of $25 billion. You also have to repair/maintain the wall, you need to supervise every mile of the wall, etc.

The wall, simply put, is not a good idea to deal with illegal immigration lmao.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:35 PM, Tuxedofunk said:

1. How is the wall not going to make a huge dent in drug trafficking and illegal immigration from the southern region?

2. Why you think more immigrants automatically equals better country?

3. Any other reasonable fucking solution to any of the problems you've claimed other than hiring lawyers?

4. Why you don't go out and change this shit for yourself instead of ignoring it or bitching about it?

1. People will climb over or dig under the wall. It's a waste of money.

2. Immigrants do equal a prosperous country: Take Canada as an example http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/for-canada-immigration-is-a-key-to-prosperity/article14711281/ It's positive for economoic growth. Your country was founded on immigrants to make it great lmao.

3. One solution is making the process for immigration easier and better for immigrants from Mexico. If it's more convenient for them to do it legally, then they would. Some of them don't want to wait out the process and instead it's just hella easy to cross a boarder and find a low paying job. If they had a better system to become a legal immigrant maybe you would see less illegal ones.

4. Your last question is just lol.

12 minutes ago, Travesty said:

1. People will climb over or dig under the wall. It's a waste of money.

Why would people climb when you can get catapults with parachute? Think out of box!

It so easy to find a way to get past that wall which is why I agree that it is waste of money to build a wall and dumb idea to think that build wall will keep them out lel

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

2. Immigrants do equal a prosperous country: Take Canada as an example http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/for-canada-immigration-is-a-key-to-prosperity/article14711281/ It's positive for economoic growth. Your country was founded on immigrants to make it great lmao.

kY3KeCo.png

"According to the Harvard labor economist Geroge Borjas, immigrants (we are talking about immigrants now instead of Hispanics because I couldn’t find good data on Hispanic immigrants alone) add 1.6 trillion dollars to the US economy each year. Of this, 98.7% is consumed by said immigrants. 2.2%, or $35,200,000,000, goes to natives. Dividing this by the roughly 300 million “native Americans” in the US and you get $117 per person.

As can be seen below, there are about 16 million immigrant households in the US. This implies that each household increases the incomes of natives by $35.2 billion divided by 16,211,763 immigrant households = $2,171.

This number can be contrasted with the impact on the public deficit that an immigrant has each year compared to a non-immigrant. This is equal to the amount they pay in taxes minus the amount they consume in government services.

An analysis of this was carried out by the Heritage Foundation. It found that the average household added $310 to the deficit each year compared to $4,344 for legal immigrants and $14,387 for illegal immigrants.

In other words, immigrants add thousands of dollars to the deficit each year relative to what non-immigrant Americans do, and this completely dwarfs any plausible increase in the real income of non-immigrant Americans thanks to immigrants." - Sean Last

ur dum lol lmao

1 hour ago, Dyscivist said:

ur dum lol lmao

No need to resort to name calling lmao.

After reading some papers from Harvard and the CIS, it's actually kinda interesting what you find...

Mainly, it depends what type of immigration you get. Most economists agree immigration creates positives (especially in Canada) for the overall growth of the host country if even only by a little. The problem is with the accounting calculations and assumptions one makes on an immigrant and their fiscal impact. You can make points for both, especially if you consider all immigrants to be poorly educated but knowledgeable of the welfare and social systems in place.

However at the end of the day there really is no definitive answer I suppose for the States. The issue is heavily debated by most economists, and each study that is done inevitably has some form of bias. Including George Borjas who is anti-immigration.

From Borjas himself:

Conclusion

Immigration makes the U.S. economy larger. However, for the native-born population immigration (legal and illegal) is primarily a redistributive policy; it does not substantially raise the overall income of native-born Americans. As for the fiscal impact of immigration, the education level of the immigrants in question is the key to understanding their fiscal impact. If you take nothing else away from my testimony, it should be remembered that it is simply not possible to fund social programs by bringing in large numbers of immigrants with relatively little education. This is central to the debate on illegal immigration given that such a large share of illegal immigrants have modest levels of education. The fiscal problem created by less-educated immigrants exists even though the vast majority of immigrants, including illegal immigrants, work and did not come to America to get welfare. The realities of the modern American economy coupled with the modern American administrative state make large fiscal costs an unavoidable problem of large scale, less-educated immigration. However, all the available evidence indicates that skilled immigration should be a significant fiscal benefit.

The economics of it are questionable, and it depends largely upon where an immigrant hails from as well as their level of education, or, even more valid in its predictive capabilities, their IQ. Characterising the US as a country built by immigration is, while true, misleading as the people immigrating when the country was in its infancy are qualitatively different than the people immigrating today.

y6jhvP.gif

Now that's a cool .gif

I found 1990 and beyond quite shocking to be honest. I did not think that many immigrants from Mexico would take up so much of the states. As a Canadian, we receive so many immigrants per year.  In my province most of them are from the Phillipines, the Middle East and the Chinese. I didn't think Mexican immigrants really went that far past the border to take up the majority of its immigrants in midwest and northern states. To be honest, I never ever thought legal immigration could potentially be a bad thing because it's so welcomed here in Canada.

Where's the full article with the gif btw? I'd be curious to read it.

29 minutes ago, Travesty said:

To be honest, I never ever thought legal immigration could potentially be a bad thing because it's so welcomed here in Canada.

I live in Canada too. There is a lot of propaganda pushing for immigration. I used to work in a school and I probably saw at least 20 posters all citing diversity as the greatest strength of Canada daily in a school which was 95% (or more) white.

I don't think there's anything wrong with immigration inherently, but I have empirical reasons to be sceptical of its purported benefits in many situations. The thing you have to remember about immigration in Canada is that so many of the immigrants are from East Asia, an area of the world with a higher average IQ than Western nations, lower violent crime rates, etc. We also don't border a nation with an average IQ of sub 90 and a massive cartel powerful enough to subvert government institutions.

29 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Where's the full article with the gif btw? I'd be curious to read it.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/07/a-shift-from-germany-to-mexico-for-americas-immigrants/

There's not much to it, but the picture's pretty interesting.