Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoseAmherst

JB Lag Reports

Hey guys im sure youve all noticed theres a lot of lag on jb and i cant seem to kill people without freezing, thank you guys for checking it out hope it gets fixed soon

3 minutes ago, RoseAmherst said:

Hey guys im sure youve all noticed theres a lot of lag on jb and i cant seem to kill people without freezing, thank you guys for checking it out hope it gets fixed soon

The lag occurs when you give enough damage to kill a player is what I've noticed. But the lag comes in and out on my side. I'd like to think it's server side but some players do not complain.

Please use the right sections to post threads. Moving this, and changing the title.

Also, we're trying to figure out what is causing the issues. If people see lag issues, if they'd post here some details it'd be great. I sat through ~3 maps today with 20-30 people on, and never saw it lag. 

Items to include in your report of lag:

• Map
  • Player count
  • Activity what was going on at the time (admin commands ran, spawning, etc.)
  • Check console to see if there were any errors and copy them here.

This is also happening on war3:

Player count: >6

Map: Any

Activity: Races, killing, etc.

Console Errors: Nothing that would seem to cause issues.

Seeing how this is across all servers, it leads me to believe this is either a hosting issue or a CSGO issue. There have been lots of updates in recent days and they possibly could of broken some optimization they were doing. This is probably also the cause of a lot of issues over on TTTGO.

This happened ever since we moved to Chicago.... bring our servers back to LA..... this never happened before. But yeah this happened on JB yesterday and red text would appear. Something about voice command overflow or something weird like that, but don't remember what exactly.

It's also been happening on ZE since last Monday, we are experiencing extremely high choke and it lags the whole server.

Shouldn't have doubled the tick

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Was there high choke and server lag when it was 32 tick ;)

2 minutes ago, driz said:

Was there high choke and server lag when it was 32 tick ;)

No but there wasnt last week..  

Nor the week before that, and one before that.

war3 is also fucking up royally

i've tested it a couple times but i think somehow giving cash is crashing it, i could be wrong tho. stupid updates breaking stuff.

also crashes like every 5 mins

1 hour ago, Savage Princess Little One said:

war3 is also fucking up royally

i've tested it a couple times but i think somehow giving cash is crashing it, i could be wrong tho. stupid updates breaking stuff.

also crashes like every 5 mins

3 hours ago, Swed said:

This is also happening on war3:

Player count: >6

Map: Any

Activity: Races, killing, etc.

Console Errors: Nothing that would seem to cause issues.

Seeing how this is across all servers, it leads me to believe this is either a hosting issue or a CSGO issue. There have been lots of updates in recent days and they possibly could of broken some optimization they were doing. This is probably also the cause of a lot of issues over on TTTGO.

Unfortunately War3 has been doing poorly for quite a while. We were hoping that things would at least get better with the move, and we know that it makes it tough to populate/enjoy the server when this stuff is happening. We're doing our best to narrow down the causes to try and alleviate it, but any reports would be nice. I haven't been on war3 in a while, but it used to only lag when it was like 20+ people, so again, reports would be nice. War3 is also one of our (or the most) complex server, and it seems like it will take a significant amount of time and work to get to the root of and fix the issues - again, all input helps, if we can see what is happening when it lags/crashes (If you notice a common race every time it crashes for example). I may just close this thread and make one in the server general for all reports.

for war3, sm_cash definitely crashes the server. I'm pretty sure it's also the auto balance plugin that's causing the crashes. seems to crash at the end of rounds whenever one team is stacked and the plugin tries to switch one or more players from the other team.  server crashed  on round end whenever i switched to spectate to force an autobalance.