Sign in to follow this  
TheGaminTaco

New game to be in maps?

So,this game is guess my drawing.Players would have a pad,something similar like to tic tac toe.Console would pick 1 player randomly,and somewhere near the drawing pad would say what to draw.The map owner can decide what themes will be in game.[Some suggs-sg logo,car,tree,ak-47,some personality]In front of them would be white wall where they can draw,with that pad,it can be multicoloured but only black would be good.Warden will have his "special room" There he would see who is drawing and what is he drawing.He is controling the chat for the answers.Some similar answers to the theme should not be accepted cous favouritism?Maby im wrong,correct me in the comments.That is it for the game,if i missed something pls say in comments,same for similar answes and favouritism.

Tbh not enough replay value.. It should be set up so that the warden can decide what to draw. Then he types it in. And one t is chosen to draw it. If he cant draw it he dies and another t gets chosen. Perhaps a like a 5 digit keypad with the alphabet and the ts have to match the word on their own keypads to win. Maybe using vscripts to compare the state of the cases or something like logic_compare. I think most problematic with the game would be make a canvas where you can draw well enough without using a billion entities.

So,this game is guess my drawing.Players would have a pad,something similar like to tic tac toe.Console would pick 1 player randomly,and somewhere near the drawing pad would say what to draw.The map owner can decide what themes will be in game.[some suggs-sg logo,car,tree,ak-47,some personality]In front of them would be white wall where they can draw,with that pad,it can be multicoloured but only black would be good.Warden will have his "special room" There he would see who is drawing and what is he drawing.He is controling the chat for the answers.Some similar answers to the theme should not be accepted cous favouritism?Maby im wrong,correct me in the comments.That is it for the game,if i missed something pls say in comments,same for similar answes and favouritism.

I like the concept of this game! Choose one T to be the judge and the CT to choose what exactly what the other T's would have to draw. Then the judge would choose the best one? Think that's what you meant right? Definitely a more unique way of eliminating the T's and guaranteed to bring in some laughs (and trolls). Though the only problem might be is actually implementing this, but a very creative and good idea overall!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I actually prototyped something like this when I was making minigames for avalanche: 

paint0004.jpg

paint0005.jpg

The issue I ran into back then and that hasn't changed is that there is a hard limit of 1024 "brush models", aka dynamic brushes, which all of these are and all of the buttons (which you shoot to draw) are. 16x16x3 is 768, which uses up the vast majority of your map in a single game.

I just had an idea though. If you only have the one copy (and not the copy on the floor you see) and just make them buttons that move into the wall or func_breakable that breaks revealing the static black brush behind it, you could do it with one entity per pixel. A 16x16 would still use up a quarter of your dynamic brushes, but that's no worse than a large 16x16 spleef would use.

I also just had a second thought, which is to use the same method I used to do the rocket jump shotgun on undertale to detect bullets and spawn a tiny env_sprite at the location. You may be able to do different colors that way by changing the sprite's color, too! I'm going to try this method, it would be really cool if it works.

18 minutes ago, thorgot said:

I just had an idea though. If you only have the one copy (and not the copy on the floor you see) and just make them buttons that move into the wall or func_breakable that breaks revealing the static black brush behind it, you could do it with one entity per pixel. A 16x16 would still use up a quarter of your dynamic brushes, but that's no worse than a large 16x16 spleef would use.

The sounds so simple for something so fun. If you don't mind, I might take a crack at adding something like that to deathcamp

56 minutes ago, Yunki said:

The sounds so simple for something so fun. If you don't mind, I might take a crack at adding something like that to deathcamp

Go for it! I would never be able to fit so many brushes into any of my maps, so I'm never going to use that method.