Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodas

Munich attacks

I honestly don't get what their intentions are to terrorize people at this point when stuff like this is becoming way to common these days :/

This is just depressing something needs to happen. These idiots also need to understand the value of life and stop wasting them for bullshit belief. 

It was obvious this would happen when they started taking in alot of refugees. Some of them had to be sleepers for ISIS

ISIS is getting the shit pounded outta them in the Middle East so they want to spark hate on muslims in the west to destroy the cooperation between the west and the middle eastern countries fighting on the ground against ISIS. Banning refugees and targeting muslims will only help ISIS last longer by giving them more recruits and weakening the resolve of the soldiers fighting them on the ground.

10 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

ISIS is getting the shit pounded outta them in the Middle East so they want to spark hate on muslims in the west to destroy the cooperation between the west and the middle eastern countries fighting on the ground against ISIS. Banning refugees and targeting muslims will only help ISIS last longer by giving them more recruits and weakening the resolve of the soldiers fighting them on the ground.

Will never work because even when we knew the risks, the west still took refugees into its countries and did not express hate. And we will probably continue to help refugees.

Best thing we can do is severely tighten security until this shit is taken care of. Unfortunately innocent people have died in the process and its tragic, but passing down a ban on muslims of any sort involving discrimination would only fuck us over even more and make the situation worse. 

13 minutes ago, Triv said:

Will never work because even when we knew the risks, the west still took refugees into its countries and did not express hate. And we will probably continue to help refugees.

Best thing we can do is severely tighten security until this shit is taken care of. Unfortunately innocent people have died in the process and its tragic, but passing down a ban on muslims of any sort involving discrimination would only fuck us over even more and make the situation worse. 

There is alot of people expressing hate on refugees. Half of Trump's platform is based on banning all refugees from coming here. I know a trump supporter who says that any men that come with the women should be detained in a camp and the women should not be allowed to wear Hijabs because they are a "security risk", The refugees do see a lot of hate and media like fox news is not making it better. ISIS has a year left of existence as a organized entity at best. Their capital is bombed daily and their leaders are dying faster than they can hold promotions.  If we focused on showing the people of the Middle East and the Islamic world we are not their enemy ISIS' of recruits would start to dwindle. Little lone wolf attacks can't be stopped no matter whatever policies our leaders enact but we can make sure the people doing lone wolf attacks feel less of a desire to. I've spoken to refugees. They appreciate being here but are scared to find people in America immediately suspect them of being ISIS supporters when most of them have lost friends or family to ISIS . A friend of mine in my class is a Iraqi refugee and he broke down crying one day because he had just found out his friend had been killed by ISIS.

1 minute ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

There is alot of people expressing hate on refugees. Half of Trump's platform is based on banning all refugees from coming here. I know a trump supporter who says that any men that come with the women should be detained in a camp and the women should not be allowed to wear Hijabs because they are a "security risk", The refugees do see a lot of hate and media like fox news is not making it better. ISIS has a year left of existence as a organized entity at best. Their capital is bombed daily and their leaders are dying faster than they can hold promotions.  If we focused on showing the people of the Middle East and the Islamic world we are not their enemy ISIS' of recruits would start to dwindle. Little lone wolf attacks can't be stopped no matter whatever policies our leaders enact but we can make sure the people doing lone wolf attacks feel less of a desire to. 

Just like the Taliban is dying off?

16 minutes ago, Howard Dean said:

Just like the Taliban is dying off?

The Taliban isn't anywhere close to what it was and had decades to solidify a power base thanks to reagan. Also the taliban is a political group centered around taking power in their own region they dont organize international terror attacks. Completely different situation. ISIS is on its last legs as an organized group. By the end of the year all their territory will be gone.

It's awful but I don't think blaming refugees is the solution here. Of course there will be sleepers, but that's unavoidable. It's either we save a couple hundred thousand people and lose a couple to terrorist attacks, which by no means is me saying that one life is worth more than another, or we condemn those hundreds of thousands to senseless deaths, thanks to ISIS and Assad. It's a tough position to be in really, for any side. 

18 hours ago, Triv said:

It was obvious this would happen when they started taking in alot of refugees. Some of them had to be sleepers for ISIS

9 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

It's awful but I don't think blaming refugees is the solution here. Of course there will be sleepers, but that's unavoidable. It's either we save a couple hundred thousand people and lose a couple to terrorist attacks, which by no means is me saying that one life is worth more than another, or we condemn those hundreds of thousands to senseless deaths, thanks to ISIS and Assad. It's a tough position to be in really, for any side. 

I just want to clarify one thing.

NEITHER OF THOSE ATTACKS IN THIS WEEK WERE DONE BY REFUGEES.

They were both done by confused 18 year olds that were born and raised in Germany. They had nothing to do with refugees, the refugees are just trying to find a safe place and get away from the war and terror in their country. 

As to my knowledge there has only been one sleeper so far and that was one of the guys in Paris. (that obviously doesn't make it better, but it is not the fault of the refugees)

This shooting has no ties to ISIL and so far the police have reported that he seemed obsessed with mass shootings and was researching them, and has obvious ties to being inspired by Anders Breivik. The only connection his Iranian heritage likely has is that it was a contributing factor to him getting bullied at school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jodas said:

I just want to clarify one thing.

NEITHER OF THOSE ATTACKS IN THIS WEEK WERE DONE BY REFUGEES.

They were both done by confused 18 year olds that were born and raised in Germany. They had nothing to do with refugees, the refugees are just trying to find a safe place and get away from the war and terror in their country. 

As to my knowledge there has only been one sleeper so far and that was one of the guys in Paris. (that obviously doesn't make it better, but it is not the fault of the refugees)

I know, I wasn't suggesting that these attacks were done by refugees, I was responding to Triv's comment that you quoted...

Mobile browser struggles with quotes xd