Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

sG | RUST EVENT (August 18th - August 28th)

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

Congratulations to our winners! Man, the Lorax and Spawneh crew were undoubtedly the most dominant this wipe. I wonder who will take the reigns next time. A lot of the sG community is still fairly new to Rust and don't have as much time to play as Lorax and Spawneh crew. So I'm excited to see the sG community grow and hopefully put up a good fight next time around.

FTFY :lul:

4 hours ago, centran said:

There are many people that only play the first day or two and once they get raided they stop. Usually those players/groups are looking for domination of the server and once that doesn't seem likely they wait till next wipe to try again. For many this game isn't about building but completely owning everyone else.

We haven't done the wipe once a week thing but many server do that. So lets try it. Worst case we go back to every once in awhile like before.

I don't feel that this is completely true @centran.

I didn't want to buy Rust for a very, very long time. Seeing post after post  and hearing complaint after complaint turned me away from it.

I decided to play after receiving it in the Humble Bundle and hearing people that I enjoy playing with say, "PLAY PLAY PLAY"!

So I did. Joined a random server and had a great time. Understood the game, went on adventures with random people and wasn't worried about stupid ass shit. It was fun.

Then I join the SG server. Within 24 hours, my character is dead and my things are taken. These shitty crews the community has that goes around and raids every base just because they have beef or whatever with whoever is pretty dumb and makes this entire game a chore and a shitty experience.

For me, it is not about domination of the server because the no-livers already have it in the bag. Its about actually enjoying a god damn game and not coming home to hear, "Oh yeah, we have to start over. Someone raided our base and now everything is gone". Now, I'm not saying that my story is every person's story. I'm sure there are people that only play for "domination". I do know, however, that the ones who are after domination are not completely the ones that are refusing to play the server.

@Detective Nom Noms The event rewarded PVP and farming so I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in the "domination" of some players on the server. However even during the event I still had great experiences with people who didn't Kill On Sight. And even helped them out along the way and made some new allies.

Honestly if your base gets raided, it's either poorly built or easy to get in with a couple explosives. And that's part of the game and comes with the territory. It sounds like to me you enjoy the RP part of the game rather than the Raid or be Raided part of the game.

Groups will raid easy bases for easy loot as they pass by bases they see, so expect that on any server you play in. You might have gotten lucky in the other servers, or maybe it was a vanilla server and people couldn't get an easy way into your base.

26 minutes ago, Travesty said:

@Detective Nom Noms The event rewarded PVP and farming so I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in the "domination" of some players on the server. However even during the event I still had great experiences with people who didn't Kill On Sight. And even helped them out along the way and made some new allies.

Honestly if your base gets raided, it's either poorly built or easy to get in with a couple explosives. And that's part of the game and comes with the territory. It sounds like to me you enjoy the RP part of the game rather than the Raid or be Raided part of the game.

Groups will raid easy bases for easy loot as they pass by your base, so expect that on any server you play in. You might have gotten lucky in the other servers. Or maybe it was vanilla and people could get an easy way in.

My .02 cents and then I'm out because I don't play on the server anymore. But I feel this post is missing the point. Everyone take note that while Spawneh and Lorax are annoying, my beef has always been more with Karma as an admin and not as much with those two running the sG server.

Those two have over 5k hours on Rust in under a year. It is their full time job, and they have been playing since before the event Travesty. They have literally went on rampages of raiding half the map just to target one specific individual lol. I agree, Rust is Rust and you're going to get raided. But there is no "even playing field" as mentioned earlier in the thread. They are on 24/7 so they do dominate and will continue to do so. No one who quits after a day is quitting because they "cant dominate the server" as Centran put it. People get raided all the time, and most of the time they don't quit because it is apart of the game! If they do quit, it's more than likely because they don't like building everything up only to lose it, and that's totally fine. Or another reason they eventually quit is because Spawneh and Lorax run the server almost to the point of it being completely toxic griefing. I'm sure Karma can throw out the "mad cause bad" comment she likes to say, but honestly I'd be fucking proud as shit of myself if I was anywhere near as good as people who play this game for a living lol.

They also have invaded bases that obviously took them an amount massively over a "couple of c4s". I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but there is a reason many people have quit the sG server, and there is a reason there were channels filled with 10+ people complaining about Spawneh and Lorax. As a side note: people claiming "well we have more community members than ever" is totally missing the point that members feeling driven off the server is somehow OK because they can be replaced. Shitty way to treat community. The logs that Karma posted of me telling Spawneh and Lorax to go plague another server and claimed that I was trying to "sabotage" the server were taken out of context so she could try to make me look a certain way. Granted i was "flaming", but my points were still valid. When in reality outside of the logs she posted that time, many people were flaming and complaining about those two. I told them to go plague another server because I was not afraid to voice for the majority of the community: which was people were upset with those two.

The point is that many people in the community were unhappy about the Spawneh and Lorax situation, which is why I told them to F off. Because besides the Karma circle jerk, everyone was upset with them at that time. I no longer play, but I'm sure people have either succumbed to the dictatorship or are still annoyed with it. Or maybe they've made peace and that's great for them.

Anyways I love you Travesty, just felt I needed to point this out.

P.S. notice how I'm not flaming Travesty. It's because he's not a retard (and hes my boo)

18 minutes ago, Travesty said:

@Travesty

Not true at all. The other server I joined, I raided and was raided with randoms.

Raiding is of course part of the game and I would not think that just because I am playing means that I can not be raided. No, I welcome it.

The issue I had was that it was constant. Constant raiding and grinding becomes really old, really fast.

The "fun times" would go a little like this. I help others build up some base and then leave to go do life shit and come back the next day and everything is gone. We groan a bit and then rebuild. Leave and play some other game or leave for the night and come back tomorrow. Gone. Like not even two days later.

That gets old.

20 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Groups will raid easy bases for easy loot as they pass by bases they see, so expect that on any server you play in. You might have gotten lucky in the other servers, or maybe it was a vanilla server and people couldn't get an easy way into your base.

At the start we were immediately raided the first night after everyone in our group was logged off. That was fine. The base wasn't even close to done. We moved locations and I alone spent hours building a more secure and more difficult base to get into. Also built around other groups of players looking to have fun. Spawneh and Lorax's crew used a lot more then a couple C4 and even posted a sign out front saying traitor. I don't want to hear shit about them raiding for fun. Those two pick people to target and don't stop until they never come to the server anymore. In one night sG lost at least 7 players this event because of two people. I only played a week and see the problem everyone is always talking about. You can keep doing the server the way it is however I will never support nor spend anymore time on it. It's just not worth it. 

The event was amazing, and brought a lot of random people to our server and our forums. @Travesty did a wonderful job of organizing and running this event. A huge thanks to those who donated as well, the prizes were great incentives. 

As far as the issues surrounding some people not wanting to play the server, I am definitely disappointed to hear it. While I do feel that the recent uptick in our server population is a wonderful thing, I do not consider the new players to be "replacements" for community involvement. My intention is never to make anyone feel not welcome, regardless of the reason.

I know that the time put into the game is very real, even if the pixels you are farming are not. However, if you are finding yourself frustrated over in-game items, you can try to remember that Rust is a game.

If you have concerns, suggestions, or questions please know that you can most certainly contact me or Yunki and your concerns will be heard. If you do not contact anyone with your concerns, it makes it difficult to address any problems you may have or may be aware of that we are not.  

My question is what would you change differently on the server if you were running it?

@yorkenvy @Detective Nom Noms @DMatakami @Reaper0470

We can't really ban them for playing our server the most.

I must have been lucky because my/our base wasn't raided until this Friday and it was even an online raid against them. And to be honest, I know it wasn't done with malicious intent. They just got the best of us and we learned a couple things about how to build and also defend a base from being raided.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, Travesty said:

T

I have heard your complaints and all i can say is that we only showed sportmanship and competed in the event hoping people will band and try to change the odds against us. Sadly even if you said 10+ people were complaining about us in the ts none of them came up with the ideea of forming some kind of alliance and try and fight us. It is okay .... the event is over. From now on since none of you rose to the challenge and clearly you guys want it easy mode i will give you guys a break in the wipes to come :P . That said if i see anyone talking shit to any of my team members including Karma i will anihilate you.

We are nice people and the event was really fun! Big ups to Tyrone and Pixel who actually decided to take a stand instead of crying on teamspeaks or forums.

I also want to thank the admin team and the SG community for this event  , we all had a great time

5 minutes ago, Travesty said:

My question is what would you change differently on the server if you were running it?

I must have been lucky because my/our base wasn't raided until this Friday and it was even an online raid against them. And to be honest, I know it wasn't done with malicious intent. They just got the best of us and we learned a couple things about how to build and also defend a base from being raided.

I'm not running the server. And I no longer care to suggest anything because I don't play the server anymore. This kind of question is what should have been asked way before someone decided to make a flaming thread and let the drama escalate instead.

But like I said I've had my fair share of this conversation previously so I am out.

Best wishes to everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

The event was amazing, and brought a lot of random people to our server and our forums. @Travesty did a wonderful job of organizing and running this event. A huge thanks to those who donated as well, the prizes were great incentives. 

As far as the issues surrounding some people not wanting to play the server, I am definitely disappointed to hear it. While I do feel that the recent uptick in our server population is a wonderful thing, I do not consider the sG players to be "replacements" for community involvement. My intention is never to make anyone feel not welcome, regardless of the reason.

I know that the time put into the game is very real, even if the pixels you are farming are not. However, if you are finding yourself frustrated over in-game items, you can try to remember that Rust is a game.

If you have concerns, suggestions, or questions please know that you can most certainly contact me or Yunki and your concerns will be heard. If you do not contact anyone with your concerns, it makes it difficult to address any problems you may have or may be aware of that we are not.  

ironynoun [ C/U ]

US  /ˈɑɪ·rə·ni, ˈɑɪ·ər·ni/

Irony is a style of writing in which there is a noticeable, often humorous,difference between what is said and the intended meaning.

Tell that to your friends Spawneh and Lorax, whom you will help next wipe to dominate the server once again and whom you won't stop from griefing and flaming people out of the server. Case in point, Mr. Taco. 

You said it yourself to me on multiple instances, that you do not care about anyone from sG as you were not an active member of the community, as you never played Gmod or CSS or CSGO, as most of us did before we came to Rust. As such you are inherently bias towards your friends, and causing these giant problem that is constantly occurring between yourself and the server.

I guarantee you if you helped actually build up the community within Rust, as hardly anyone has any sort of knowledge as to how the game is played, you would not get as much flaming on TS or in-game.

I would ask you Karma, if you do care about this community as any staff member should, try to help members of the community to actually get better at the game. 

That being said I do think you are a positive person in the community and I personally have nothing against you but I do feel you shouldn't help Spawneh or Lorax in any way regardless of previous ties, but instead help YOUR Community become good at this game. 

I personally try to do this in the game, even if I am a giant troll in the process, hell your own Rust Advisor cannot even build a base properly. Nothing against Yunki personally but he has some learning to do and I try to teach him what I know so far of Rust, in combat or building. 

IMO: if this crap show between you and the community continues I feel that not the server nor anyone attached to sG will benefit.

Thanks for not killing me and monkeybrains. Second day playing and didn't realize I had to relock the doors after I unlocked it LOOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Never said ban them.

Second left because drama.

19 minutes ago, Karma said:

As far as the issues surrounding some people not wanting to play the server, I am definitely disappointed to hear it. While I do feel that the recent uptick in our server population is a wonderful thing, I do not consider the new players to be "replacements" for community involvement. My intention is never to make anyone feel not welcome, regardless of the reason.

The irony is very real here.

In fact I remember you losing it while talking to Junzou about you getting raided so much that you wanted to quit the server.

I also went out of my way to try and resolve things properly between you and York.

I even went so far as to try and gain both sides of the story to try and find a peaceful solution. Literally to no avail.

The drama continued on. Threads and CD started up. It spilled into TS, the forums and other places.

I didn't want more drama, so I left the server.

11 minutes ago, Spawneh said:

I have heard your complaints and all i can say is that we only showed sportmanship and competed in the event hoping people will band and try to change the odds against us. Sadly even if you said 10+ people were complaining about us in the ts none of them came up with the ideea of forming some kind of alliance and try and fight us. It is okay .... the event is over. From now on since none of you rose to the challenge and clearly you guys want it easy mode i will give you guys a break in the wipes to come :P . That said if i see anyone talking shit to any of my team members including Karma i will anihilate you.

We are nice people and the event was really fun! Big ups to Tyrone and Pixel who actually decided to take a stand instead of crying on teamspeaks or forums.

I also want to thank the adming team and the SG community for this event  , we all had a great time

Wanna know how I know that's not true? Because during said event, the very first day, Karma laid into the team that was gaining ground heavily in the server with its team population. She stated we were all disqualified, we cannot have a squad of more than 4 people, and any member of staff disqualified the whole clan from the event.

There was an alliance, the one admin on the server shut it down.

Second, did you seriously just flame bait?

3 minutes ago, Prosak said:

ironynoun [ C/U ]

US  /ˈɑɪ·rə·ni, ˈɑɪ·ər·ni/

Irony is a style of writing in which there is a noticeable, often humorous,difference between what is said and the intended meaning.

Tell that to your friends Spawneh and Lorax, whom you will help next wipe to dominate the server once again and whom you won't stop from griefing and flaming people out of the server. Case in point, Mr. Taco. 

You said it yourself to me on multiple instances, that you do not care about anyone from sG as you were not an active member of the community, as you never played Gmod or CSS or CSGO, as most of us did before we came to Rust. As such you are inherently bias towards your friends, and causing these giant problem that is constantly occurring between yourself and the server.

I guarantee you if you helped actually build up the community within Rust, as hardly anyone has any sort of knowledge as to how the game is played, you would not get as much flaming on TS or in-game.

I would ask you Karma, if you do care about this community as any staff member should, try to help members of the community to actually get better at the game. 

That being said I do think you are a positive person in the community and I personally have nothing against you but I do feel you shouldn't help Spawneh or Lorax in any way regardless of previous ties, but instead help YOUR Community become good at this game. 

I personally try to do this in the game, even if I am a giant troll in the process, hell your own Rust Advisor cannot even build a base properly. Nothing against Yunki personally but he has some learning to do and I try to teach him what I know so far of Rust, in combat or building. 

IMO: if this crap show between you and the community continues I feel that not the server nor anyone attached to sG will benefit.

As I am writing this post, you ninja'd the rest of my points. Right there.

1 minute ago, Travesty said:

You're losing players who would love to support and spend time on the server. You can figure something out or let your community find somewhere else to play. At this point it seems to most definitely be the latter. Suggesting anything is pointless as I've listened to other people suggest things to just be ignored or shot down. Our input is obviously not actually desired and I won't waste any good ideas for a server that I won't support. When half a server population is talking about problems with nothing changing it's clear sG members don't matter on our own server. When no one plays 24/7 except two people it's obvious who will dominate the server every wipe. It's also obvious when players start quitting the server for good because they are constantly being targeted and not given the opportunity to actually play the game. 

You can go on about how people need to get good or are salty however you're just using a poor excuse to ignore everyone who has a problem. 

@Prosak I played for over four months with members of the sG community, teaching them to build-craft-raid. I like to play with my other friends too. I don't feel that it is my responsibility as an sG member or an Engineer, to play only with sG members. I am not a Rust teacher, I'm running a server. That said, I am always willing to be helpful in answering questions in-game and on ts3, but that does not mean that I have to be on your team. I have a team. I've played with them for over a year, and when we are on the same server - we play together. 

@DMatakami The disqualification comment to you guys in teamspeak was absolutely my mistake. Centran and I both made a decision to say something about the size of your group and the fact that you had 3 staff members in one group for an event. Travesty later made me aware that I was mistaken, and that was not against the rules. I should have made sure I understood the rules more clearly before approaching your group. For that, I truly apologize.

@Reaper0470 I do hear and respond to suggestions that are not spammed into game chat or wrapped in inflammatory commentary. If you actually have suggestions, I would love to hear them. I am not guaranteeing that everyone's suggestions will a) work for the server or b) go against the grain of official servers that we are trying to follow suit with as closely as possible, but I will absolutely hear you out and definitely discuss those ideas with you. 

I am more than willing to talk to people individually about issues they may be having, however I have yet to see anything else specific enough to address. 

4 minutes ago, Karma said:

@Prosak I played for over four months with members of the sG community, teaching them to build-craft-raid. I like to play with my other friends too. I don't feel that it is my responsibility as an sG member or an Engineer, to play only with sG members. I am not a Rust teacher, I'm running a server. That said, I am always willing to be helpful in answering questions in-game and on ts3, but that does not mean that I have to be on your team. I have a team. I've played with them for over a year, and when we are on the same server - we play together. 

Are you serious?

I do not want you to base with me or anyone from sG, as I stated in my previous reply, you do not care about sG. You don't bother helping anybody from sG in the game unless it is myself (previous wipes), Tyrone, or Velo. I am curious whom it is you played with from sG for four months outside of Tyrone. Because if he is your excuse for teaching than you have to be the worst teacher i have ever seen. 

Now I will agree that you have no responsibility to sG members, but you absolutely positively shouldn't go out of your way to destroy the experience for current members whom buy the game to come play in the sG Server.

You have done nothing since Spawneh or Lorax arrived, but continuously promote them griefing, flaming, and terrorizing sG members and non-members. 

You do nothing but play favorites in the server and it will come back to bite you if you don't stop. 

As a staff or admin in general on a game of this nature you should be playing by yourself so as to detach yourself from this kind of thing. Yet in your ignorance you perpetrate the cycle of drama, because you never cared for this community or its members. At this point I feel you wanted a server like this just so you and your friends can have fun griefing and flaming people whom lack any sort of skill to properly fight back.

Your team shouldn't come over the Community you are a part of. Staff is a position to be active within the community not do whatever you want because fuck you guys.

We need a real owner of this server, not Karma or her "Yes man" Yunki. 

GOP_2016_Trump_JPEG_020f6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Prosak said:

Are you serious?

I do not want you to base with me or anyone from sG, as I stated in my previous reply, you do not care about sG. You don't bother helping anybody from sG in the game unless it is myself (previous wipes), Tyrone, or Velo. I am curious whom it is you played with from sG for four months outside of Tyrone. Because if he is your excuse for teaching than you have to be the worst teacher i have ever seen. 

Now I will agree that you have no responsibility to sG members, but you absolutely positively shouldn't go out of your way to destroy the experience for current members whom buy the game to come play in the sG Server.

You have done nothing since Spawneh or Lorax arrived, but continuously promote them griefing, flaming, and terrorizing sG members and non-members. 

You do nothing but play favorites in the server and it will come back to bite you if you don't stop. 

As a staff or admin in general on a game of this nature you should be playing by yourself so as to detach yourself from this kind of thing. Yet in your ignorance you perpetrate the cycle of drama, because you never cared for this community or its members. At this point I feel you wanted a server like this just so you and your friends can have fun griefing and flaming people whom lack any sort of skill to properly fight back.

Your team shouldn't come over the Community you are a part of. Staff is a position to be active within the community not do whatever you want because fuck you guys.

GOP_2016_Trump_JPEG_020f6.jpg

I have not "played favorites" in a any way. At this point, you are simply trolling and so I am going to go ahead and leave it at that. If you have specific questions (minus the trolling) I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks .

Just now, Karma said:

I have not "played favorites" in a any way. At this point, you are simply trolling and so I am going to go ahead and leave it at that. If you have specific questions (minus the trolling) I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks .

Trolling?

Hell what was that message in Steam Friends about? Oh wait you did that to flame or troll me. Yet then you come here to accuse me of trolling when in reality you are trolling just as much.

Karma you gave Spawneh and Lorax guns and supplies from our base when they first joined. At multiple points I have seen you punish pubbers for racism or griefing in chat but then a minute later you do not even bother to say anything to Spawneh. 

You can ignore my replies and label me a troll all you want but unlike you I care about the sG members I play with in Rust. 

You specifically play favorites by choosing to base and play with your team over anyone else. 

But its ok because I am just a troll and as such I cannot have an actual valid point.

1 hour ago, Reaper0470 said:

Suggesting anything is pointless as I've listened to other people suggest things to just be ignored or shot down. Our input is obviously not actually desired and I won't waste any good ideas for a server that I won't support.

As of now, I can only recall Pike coming to me with suggestions about the server. It wasn't about the issue we are discussing but point still stands, I haven't had anyone come to me yet with any ideas or anything of the sort. 

1 hour ago, Prosak said:

hell your own Rust Advisor cannot even build a base properly. Nothing against Yunki personally but he has some learning to do and I try to teach him what I know so far of Rust, in combat or building.

HEY NOW! My base is wonderful! 

Side note: Yes, Prosac does help me. At the same time Karma helped me a shit ton when I first started, and believe it or not, I probably learn the most important lessons about base building when I get raided by someone (not just Spawneh and Lorax). I've made dumb mistakes when building bases and I've paid the price and had to restart. Each time you get easily raided because of a mistake, you will always ensure that the next time you build, it won't happen again. Even my current base has major weakness, but each base I build gets better and better (hopefully). 

On the topic of being targeted: Sure it can suck when you're on the receiving end, especially when the people who are after you are a lot better skill wise. However, there is nothing wrong with targeting people, making enemies in the game is one of the aspects of it. You make enemies, gather up supplies, and destroy their shit. Just today, Tyrone, Velo, and I started shooting up someone's base because they were messing with Centran. We told the people that if they don't stop we will be coming back with c4. They said they wouldn't, so you know what we are gonna to do them? We are gonna go back and blow their fucking base up. Are we doing this so they quit? Hell fucking no. It's part of the game and we are protecting an ally. 

34 minutes ago, Prosak said:

God damn man, you're breaking my heart at this point. Anyway, I have no obligation to automatically take Karma's side with anything. Most issues we just happen to see eye to eye on. On top of that, the reason I was given the position was so that Karma would not have to deal with anything but technical-related issues regarding Rust. Anything regarding player experience and reports is sent to me, not Karma. Anything regarding rule-breaking is sent to me, not Karma. Anything regarding upset players is sent to me, not Karma. If you (or anyone else) wants to talk about anything besides technical-related issue, you bring it to me, not Karma. If memory serves me right, no one has come to me in TS or Steam, and said they wanted to talk about any player issues. Maybe that's my fault for not being more open, but that's how it works. Like I've told some people already, my inbox is ALWAYS open to anyone who has a suggestion or wants to discuss anything. 

With that being said, I'm going to lock this topic. Message Travesty for your prizes if you haven't done so yet. Remember, come to me with anything regarding player experience and whatnot.

Continue to discuss. Unlocked

While Yunki is attempting to avoid a complete spiral into toxicity in this thread, I am going to unlock it so that people can voice their opinions. If I need to wade through a lot of drama to get to the real issues, that's okay with me as long as I can actually decipher those issues and get your questions answered. 

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

While Yunki is attempting to avoid a complete spiral into toxicity in this thread, I am going to unlock it so that people can voice their opinions. If I need to wade through a lot of drama to get to the real issues, that's okay with me as long as I can actually decipher those issues and get your questions answered. 

Do you have a mirror nearby?

2 minutes ago, Roflstomp said:

Do you have a mirror nearby?

Could you be specific? This type of comment isn't helpful unless you have something specific that needs to be addressed. Do you play on the server? If so, what about me makes your experience poor? Thanks in advance for your input.