Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Sharp-

DDOS

i didnt know where to put this so i thought why not spam but what has been happening recently to the servers are they all DDOS's or it it just from changing were the servers are located b/c war3 and MG have been down a lot recently just let me know. Thanks!

Spam is basically where this goes but as for the DDOS thing DRIZ basically said its all or nothing the DDOS either happens and we go down or it doesnt happen at all. There is a thing on the main page about all of the server migration and testing and things being rough for the servers. 

If you've been reading and keeping up with our updates, you would know that we're changing servers and going to Chicago.

11 minutes ago, Ironic said:

If you've been reading and keeping up with our updates, you would know that we're changing servers and going to Chicago.

Well considering according to driz

"

Hey everyone, you may have heard some rumors about a pending chicago move and I'm here to spill the beans on it. 
We are doing the move into our host's new datacenter in Chicago, which includes the same level of DDoS protection we currently enjoy. (to put this in perspective, over the last week or so, JB has been hit by between 13-17Gbps every day, multiple times a day with no impact). That being said, I'm moving things as I can when i think the disturbance will be the least impacting.

War3, JB and Minigames are now moved to Chicago (and in some cases have been moved for a while) the new IP is 216.105.171.120.  Your favorites should've updated on their own, but if not, you can see the ports in our CSGO division forums. DNS should also be working, eg. war3.joinsg.net, ze.joinsg.net mg.joinsg.net. If your DNS is NOT working, this is because your ISP is shit, we can't do anything for you on this issue. Simply use the IP. We will update DNS on the day of the move, so most people's DNS will not work right away. I will update this thread with details as we progress, @fontaine will update the gametracker links in the forums, and your favorites should auto-update. Any issues SHOULD be minimal, but please if you have in-game friends who do not browse the forums, let them know what's going on.  Advisors and SOs, i expect you guys to ensure your players are aware of this thread and the pending moves.

It has also come to my attention that many of you do not understand what DNS is. DNS assigns a name to an IP (not a port) so war3.joinsg.net = 216.105.171.120 you STILL need to specify a port. 

Here is a tentative plan of action for the remaining servers. (Week 1 = the week of July 4th)
(Green:Completed, Orange:In progress, Yellow:Preparing, Red: Problem, Grey: Queued)
War3 -> Chicago (week0) ZE -> Chicago (week0) MG -> Chicago (week1) Climb1 -> Los Angeles (week1) I am waiting on our host to provision the new system for us. We will have 2 climb servers, one in LA and one in CHI TTTGo -> Chicago (week2)  Rust -> Chicago (week3)

"

Wc3 was already moved before this entire thing started - and in the timeline it shows it already happened. So i can see why he might presume its an attack. But you know, attack him for not paying attention to something based on information you didn't pay attention to.

lol.

we had war3, ze and mg down for a day, a week ago.. nothing has been down since then. you probably aren't using ports when you try to connect. if you look in the forums, you can see the appropriate ports and ip/dns to use.

1 hour ago, driz said:

we had war3, ze and mg down for a day, a week ago.. nothing has been down since then. you probably aren't using ports when you try to connect. if you look in the forums, you can see the appropriate ports and ip/dns to use.

Few hours ago the servers did drop - There was this horrible lag (Almost like a dos attack) Followed by server going down. It was down for at least 2-3 hours. I havent checked if they came back up yet.

Decided to check if it was back up, and it is currently up.

9 hours ago, ATG_AGENT said:

Few hours ago the servers did drop - There was this horrible lag (Almost like a dos attack) Followed by server going down. It was down for at least 2-3 hours. I havent checked if they came back up yet.

Decided to check if it was back up, and it is currently up.

well shit in my mouth and call me a poop eater, i reckon we might could have an issue then! thanks fer reportin'