Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainsurge

Monitor help

So I have had the same monitor for the last 8 years. its a HP 2159m. today I had an issue with my monitor repeatedly kind of fading and then just turning off. if I turned it of and on, it would turn on momentarily, then just turn off again. After restarting it about six times it started to work normally, any suggestions on what this issue is? (i didn't receive any messages saying my video card stopped working)

lamps in LCD's dim overtime.. your shit is 8yrs old (which is really meaningless since we dont know how often the screen is "on".. but with most lcd monitors from that time-frame having a lifespan of 30000 hours, i'd say your shit is simply old and it's time to buy a new one.

52 minutes ago, driz said:

lamps in LCD's dim overtime.. your shit is 8yrs old (which is really meaningless since we dont know how often the screen is "on".. but with most lcd monitors from that time-frame having a lifespan of 30000 hours, i'd say your shit is simply old and it's time to buy a new one.

I don't usually turn it off but it goes to sleep after about 6ish hours of inactivity. I think i'm due for an upgrade lol. looks like its time to bust out a shitty small flatscreen from the garage for now. thanks for advice :) 

Either the cables are not working properly or its monitor itself 

Just like you mentioned the monitor is 8 years old , so that means you may have to invest in an upgrade but you may also want to consider getting new cables