Sign in to follow this  
ExoArcher

Suggested Plugin

Most of the time when i play our servers ill have this online radio site playing in my ear. i'm friends with a few of the DJ's none of their music contains any of the banned words for the servers.

They have a Hive365Plugin for CSGO and GMOD servers, i wanted see if some of the DEVs might have a look into the plugin / music to see if it is something we might want for our servers.

Hive365 - Homepage

http://hive365.co.uk/

Hive365 - Gmod Plugin

http://hive365.co.uk/downloads/#GMSP

Hive365 - CS;GO Plugin

http://hive365.co.uk/downloads/#SMP

I don't know if this would be of much use to the servers. but it does include free advertisement on the hive365 server list witch has around 300 people playing among their servers.

we are able to put in song requesting In game by typing !Request <Song Name>. and under the plugins features it shows that is has a music_tune 0-100 so you can turn down the music to background level for people playing say Warcraft or JB.

i know it isn't a really important plugin but i'd like to see an easier option for listening to music in game if possible. if it doesnt get into the servers i under stand. it would just be nice, all of the advertising and free music just sounded like a nice idea. thank you for reading throughout this entire post, i hope to see these plugins added to the servers soon if possible.

-Exo

I personally dont see a use for this on either JB and wc3. It COULD be used on mg, but its not needed

if you want to play music i recommend playing it through spotify/pandora/whatever 

Now that i can aggree with you on but the other HUGE benifit from the plugin is on their site, they shoutout servers who request songs. and they have a server list that we can get publicity from. 

2 minutes ago, Scrub said:

I personally dont see a use for this on either JB and wc3. It COULD be used on mg, but its not needed

if you want to play music i recommend playing it through spotify/pandora/whatever 

25 minutes ago, exoarcher said:

Now that i can aggree with you on but the other HUGE benifit from the plugin is on their site, they shoutout servers who request songs. and they have a server list that we can get publicity from. 

Yeah that wouldn't make it any better on JB or War3 where hearing (footsteps or orders) is kind of a big deal. 

33 minutes ago, exoarcher said:

You have to understand though that most requested songs are going to be troll songs that are terrible unless hive counters that already. Now on JB no one needs music since you are worrying about the orders, if you want music play it yourself like scrub said on spotify or anything else. I get the whole advertise part of it but the only servers radio could be a thing of any use would be maybe surf and MG. To me this is like music kits they're useless considering you can play your own. All this would do in my opinion is make the download time longer for new players for absolutly no reason.

Edited by The Lowki

Mmm they had this on a surf server I was playing. Was pretty nice tbh. Add it to climb...

Edited by xmen