Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slyfox

Cable Managment, new periphs

So, I have a cable managment problem :o I have all these periphs, and cables are everywhere.  I have some pictures of where the PC is now (upstairs office) and I have some pictures on where I will put it (basement desk) please excuse some of the clutter on the ground, its from moving this giant beast around and taking up all this space, and I had to throw some stuff around.  Ok, so now for the pics. How do I cable manage this stuff? 

Back of PC:

Wires: Monitor HDMI, Monitor Power, Speaker power, Speaker to PC jack, Speaker to Subwoofer.  These subs are giving me so much trouble with how many cables they have. Most of the cables here are for the speakers, which I rarely use, but I still want to.  

1yIVKO6.jpg

Should I ditch these and get other ones that are smaller, and have less wires? They make it look so ugly back there... 

Front of PC: 

Cables: Headset Sound output/mic input, Joystick to the side (I have it out most of the time) Grey Cable=braided Apple lightning cable, Mouse and keyboard cableslAV5xzx.jpg The mouse and keyboard I'm fine with, but these headphone cables are so. long.  I need a new headset anyways, so should I get a wireless headset that is under $100? (Logitech G930) or get a wired G430? I'm also going to get a new mechanical keyboard and mouse (most likely Corsair Strafe RGB and Steelseries Rival 100) 

Back of PC: MuRoe9p.jpg

Nothing much here, but when my PC is in the new desk, these wires are visible. 

New desk area

HJYe1Vl.jpg

So this will be where I'm going to put my PC back. I've had it here before, but the problem is that to the right of the power strip is where my PC goes, all the cables from the back of the PC hang to the left going up the hole to my monitor and periphs, and the power cables will come around to the strip.  basically, ugly wires everywhere. rip. I have seen like these baskets that you can hang to hide the cables that go up, or other things as well.  Should I also just put the power strip to the right, behind the PC to hide those cables?  

Also, should I just go wireless with everything and get new speakers? I don't really see many wireless 'gaming' periphs around, so thats a downer.  Any help? 

Wiring is always a mess for me too. I use Velcro ties to clump wires together but other than that I don't have any good tips. As to wireless I HATE wireless keyboards and mouse. Having to change batteries and it's never going to give you the best connection. Reaction time will be lost traveling data through air. Having wireless speakers is ok but you still need wires for power (battery ones won't work) These are just my options. I'm no expert :P 

16 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Zip ties are twist ties my friend..  And I love wireless mice because there is no cord ********** up your aim...

The only bad thing with zip ties is once you lock those wires down getting them undone is such a pain. Ties are definitely the way to go.. 

1 hour ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

Zip ties are twist ties my friend..  And I love wireless mice because there is no cord ********** up your aim...

This clears up some things 

4 hours ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

I love wireless mice because there is no cord ********** up your aim...

Probably explains why you're ass in comp (just a guess)

4 minutes ago, Roflstomp said:

Probably explains why you're ass in comp (just a guess)

No ive recently learned how to aim xD i can actaully achieve a +k/d now!!!

Like early today i went like 30 - 4, and 27 - 8 new personal record for csgo...  

last month...  1 and 28...

I actually use soldering wire (the flux around the wire keeps its surface non-conductive), its cheap, reusable, flexible, and you can coil it around any diameter and length.  Since it's flexible, it still allows some movement from the cords which is good (moving your monitor without messing with all the cords or a wired mouse).  I use the wire to bundle the cords and then large zipties to secure the bundles to parts of my desk.

They do make releasable zip ties tho

http://www.delcity.net/store/Standard-Releasable-Cable-Ties/p_802520

http://www.delcity.net/store/Beadle-Wrap-Cable-Ties/p_802501

I strongly advise you to avoid wireless headsets.