Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kordless

Nvidia Keynote Livestream, Live Updates

https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia

I'm posting live updates here:

9:16 AM: He’s going to talk about five things: A tool kit, VR, Deep learning chip, deep learning box, deep learning in auto

9:17 AM: Nvidia SDK announced, resources for GPU developers.

NVIDIA GameWorks—it includes technologies that make physics apply in games, that makes hair look realistic, that enables waves to really shimmer, and fire to flame like it does in true like. “Recreating the world is essential to great games,” JHH says. There are subtleties that convince us that what we’re seeing is real – whether in shadows or dark or sunlight.

NVIDIA DesignWorks—this is to make photo-real graphics. Iray creates photorealistic images from designs so it’s not just beautiful but accurate. We have a new library called MDL which shows how real surfaces react in the real world—so carbon fiber, gold, brass, plastic all look the way they do in the real wold. Optix and Path Rendering allow other images to looks bea

9:22 AM: WHERE THE FUCK IS PASCAL WE KNOW WHAT CUDA IS

9:22 AM: GG STREAMS OVER, RIP

9:23 AM: NVM ITS BACK

9:25 AM: NEW GPU ARCHITECTURE CONFIRMED.

9:25 AM: Multi-Res Shading, VR SLI, Context Priority, and Warp and Blend makes its way into VRWorks.

9:28 AM: GIE - GPU Inference Engine announced

9:30 AM: 30 minutes in and the word Pascal hasn't been said once.

9:30 AM: Nvidia SDK Discussion over, VR Discussion begins.

9:35 AM: Showing off 3D VR with Everest VR. 108 Billion Pixels.

9:37 AM: nVidia announces Mars 2030, a Mars VR experience with 8 Square KM of Mars terrain, made in partnership with NASA.

9:41 AM: nVidia sets up live call with Steve Wozniak, talking about going to Mars, 

9:44 AM: PLEASE FIND MATT DAMON

9:45 AM: Steve Wozniak plays Mars 2030 demo ON WINDOWS 7 LOL, there was an error at first, then fixed.

9:47 AM: PASCAL PASCAL PASCAL PASCAL PASCAL WOW NVM ITS JUST IRAY VR

9:51 AM:  Iray VR REAL TIME rendering of the inside of NVIDIA's new, under-construction headquarters

9:45 AM: Iray VR LITE announced, lower scale version of Iray.

9:55 AM: I think the CEO is trolling us

9:59 AM: Stream goes down for the third time

10:04 AM: New Computing Model announced focused on Deep Learning.

10:06 AM: Jen-Hsun is recapping areas where deep learning has ultimately come up with better algorithms than human-created programs

10:13 AM: Recapping the Tesla M40 and M4 GPUs. (Maxwell Powered Tesla Cards that aren't for Consumer Desktops, focused on Deep Learning)

10:16 AM: Demo of Facebook AI Research

10:23 AM: WTF TROLLED AGAIN, WE THOUGHT IT WAS PASCAL, BUT IT WAS TESLA P100

10:24 AM: Datacenter GPU = Tesla P100 150B Transistors, 5.3TF FP64, 10.6TF FP32, 21.2TF FP16, 14MB SM Register File, 4MB L2 Cache

10:25 AM: HE SAID PASCAL FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.

10:26 AM: P100 = Pascal Architecture. 16nm FinFET, Chip-On-Wafer-On-Substrate, NVLink, and New AI Algorithms.  Pre-emption.

10:28 AM: RIP PCI-EXPRESS, NV-LINK, WE NEED NEW MOBOS? WHAT

10:32 AM: Tesla in Production now, P100 in 2017.

10:34 AM: nVidia announces nVidia DGX-1 Deep Learning Focused SUPER COMPUTER, with 8 Tesla P100s inside, that is 8 GPUs, uses 3200 Watts. 7TB of SSD. Dual Xeons. >250 Nodes = 1 DGX-1

10:34 AM: ^^^ That means 8-Way SLI?

10:38 AM: "We achieved a 12x speed-up year-over-year" in deep learning

10:49 AM: Speakers have been talking for 10 minutes about non-consumer products, probably no GTX announcement. Wow.

10:52 AM: Last Chance for GTX announcement...

10:57 AM: Nope, no GTX announcement, wasted my time, they rather talk about AI and Deep Learning even more and now about cars.

11:06 AM: Still talking about self driving cars and mapping.

11:08 AM: 8 minutes in, they are showing off self driving cars with Knight Rider Music

11:11 AM: 2200 lb, First ever autonomous race car by nVidia, talking about giant RC race car racing, and Formula E.

11:12 AM: No GTX announcement. This is a disappointment.

This leather jacket was interesting choice.

Wonder what he was going for.

"I'm a bad ass and I'm going to show them that."

27 minutes ago, Travesty said:

This leather jacket was interesting choice.

Wonder what he was going for.

"I'm a bad ass and I'm going to show them that."

"I'm a badass and I can't reveal the new GTX cards at this event specifically made for GPUs."

Not even a single mention of the word "GTX" or "GeForce" in the entire conference. Nice.