Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freshstartlmao

(Question) I need some advice for PC Part Replacement.

So recently a couple months ago, I bought a PC. I figured that the power supply might need to be replaced after a couple of months due to it being just a stock power supply. Does anyone have any good examples of power supplies that are durable, but not so pricey? If you can provide me a link below too that would be awesome! Thank you.

The 350W psu is ok for the R7 240, but if you plan on gaming hardcore with this, aka not just gmod and csgo, you should REALLY upgrade the Graphics Card, the R7 240 is a very weak card. Hell, it's barely better then the Intel HD 4000. What's your budget for upgrades?

Is there actually a reason you're looking to upgrade your PSU? Buying a prebuilt like this, they give you a PSU that is sufficient for the build. If it has already gone out in a few months, it should definitely be covered under any warranty the store offers. If you have been/are planning to upgrade, that's a different story. 

4 hours ago, Moose said:

Is there actually a reason you're looking to upgrade your PSU? Buying a prebuilt like this, they give you a PSU that is sufficient for the build. If it has already gone out in a few months, it should definitely be covered under any warranty the store offers. If you have been/are planning to upgrade, that's a different story. 

I haven't been planning to upgrade, it is just that I have seen reviews on this specific pre-built that say that the Power Supply is pretty weak after a few months and should be changed because of risk like frying the CPU, (I believe so).

4 hours ago, Online^ said:

The 350W psu is ok for the R7 240, but if you plan on gaming hardcore with this, aka not just gmod and csgo, you should REALLY upgrade the Graphics Card, the R7 240 is a very weak card. Hell, it's barely better then the Intel HD 4000. What's your budget for upgrades?

Also no, I dont play much besides CSGO and GMOD, besides League of Legends, so I dont really need to upgrade my Graphics Card, it runs really well on decent settings, I am not the one that is too picky about how high my graphics are.