Sign in to follow this  
PeeWee

CSGO : Zombie Mod (ZM) Server & Hide n Seek Server

I've been around the sG, or UV, servers for almost 9 years. What I miss most about UV was the ZM server and the Hide n Seek server. I was wondering if it's possible for sG to have a ZM server and a Hide n Seek server on csgo.

-Also bring back the propmenu in the ZM server.

Edited by Soulja

Before a ZM server we would need a dedicated engineer to update both servers when CSGO updates and things break..

And more paidmins! Kappa

Edited by Libreals420MistaChang

Most likely no. A poll gives us an indication as to what some community members want but when it comes down to it, we have to look realistically. Adding a ZM component to ZE would most likely split the server. There are people who just want to play ZE, and people who just want to play ZM, and some people who don't care either way. Right now we can focus on one demographic and improving on what we have on that one server to make their experience better and perhaps attract more people. Adding ZM would add a whole new variable to that equation, making stuff more complicated.

If community interest was strong enough in the future, and if we had more resources available, we could consider adding a ZM-dedicated server.

Having multi-mod servers is a nuisance (e.g. DR maps on MG).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

/thread

If it does get more interest, then I'll be a dedicated engineer i have lots of experience with making servers, but until then we need more attention of this type of mod for CSGO.

Edited by ๖ۣBanana Joe™

8 hours ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

That would be fun, funny as it is i was just creating my own ZM server "acting" like sG had one. It would be nice if they had one.

Please do not go around creating splinter servers, especially without consulting Staff first... we just had some drama regarding that literally days ago.

3 hours ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

If it does get more interest, then I'll be a dedicated engineer i have lots of experience with making servers, but until then we need more attention of this type of mod for CSGO.

If you're interested in becoming an ENG let me know. I've been looking for someone to help out with maintenance/development of Zombie Escape for a very long time. 

2 hours ago, KiLLeR said:

I don't see it happening because it would take population away from ZE thus the clan losing money and resources for a new server.

Not necessarily. I believe the hardest part would be actually having the resources available. Honestly I'm confident any server will be populated so long as there is active development on the server (ie: staff members dedicated to it). 

1 minute ago, Mimic said:

Honestly I'm confident any server will be populated so long as there is active development on the server (ie: staff members dedicated to it). 

Make a skill surf if this is the case :P ill take ADV and be dedicated c;

5 minutes ago, KiLLeR said:

Make a skill surf if this is the case :P ill take ADV and be dedicated c;

There is way too much competition in Skill Surf for me to say we'll be able to populate it. Fortunately, this community has a pretty large background in Zombie-related servers in CS, so we actually have something to stand on for adding more servers. Unfortunately, we do not have nearly the same background in Skill Surf. Also, we would need a super good timer which we would either have to make (development time) or buy. 

That being said, I'm not about to shut down the idea of adding the server, I'm just questioning how successful we'll be in expanding to it. 

PS: This topic is about Zombie Mod and/or Hide and Seek, not Skill Surf.

1 hour ago, Mimic said:

Please do not go around creating splinter servers, especially without consulting Staff first... we just had some drama regarding that literally days ago.

What i meant by this was just a LAN server, it was just me and bots, manly i was just bored and what to create a server to test my abilities on what i could do and increase my knowledge with servers. So this server wasn't being a splinter in anyway.

If you're interested in becoming an ENG let me know. I've been looking for someone to help out with maintenance/development of Zombie Escape for a very long time. 

I'll think about it, just need to manage my time since right now it's all over the place.

Edited by ๖ۣBanana Joe™

4 hours ago, ๖ۣBanana Joe™ said:

What i meant by this was just a LAN server, it was just me and bots, manly i was just bored and what to create a server to test my abilities on what i could do and increase my knowledge with servers. So this server wasn't being a splinter in anyway.

I'll think about it, just need to manage my time since right now it's all over the place.

That's definitely fine then. I just don't want someone else stuck in a situation where they are punished because they did something they though was okay.

Also, feel free to send me a PM if you come to any decisions.

the poeple that play on our surf dont play on it for the skill aspect its more about the DM aspect. so i would doubt if a skill surf would really detract from the current surf server.

more importantly tho i started playing sG on the ZE/ZM servers many years ago and i would love to see a revival of ZM

Personally, it would be cool to see ZM server again. I always a big fan of it when we had it. Also, a hide n seek server is something I also enjoyed during CSS and I know we had it for awhile on CSGO. I am not sure hide n seek would thrive/populate as much. But I would love to see one of these servers again.

God, I remember back when I used to play CSS, and all that I would play would be ZE and ZM. I had so many memories from those days, I always loved to play it. But yeah, having an sG ZM server would be great! I'd have a lot of fun on it.

God, I remember back when I used to play CSS, and all that I would play would be ZE and ZM. I had so many memories from those days, I always loved to play it. But yeah, having an sG ZM server would be great! I'd have a lot of fun on it.

You mean 24/7 lila panic?

I miss it too :(

Lol yeah, we played zm_lila_panic a lot. It really was a classic, but I didn't really like it that much. We played it so often, and it was actually wasn't that good. The map's design also wasn't great. I really don't know why we played it so many times, but it really was a big memory of me playing zm. 

"VOTE FOR LILA PANIC ITS BEST MAP"

Edited by AntiTeal