Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatOllieWhoDies

Building a new PC. Ayudame!

I'm building a new PC and already have the parts in mind that I want to get. I was planning on getting a NZXT H440 mid tower case. I was wondering what power supply would you guys recommend if I'm running an i7-6700k build and a 970 gtx graphics card. Also running 16gb of ddr4 ram

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Any PSU that's ~700+ W, and a brand you recognize, honestly. Personally I don't get anything less than gold rated (Bad experiences trying to go cheap). I also really like fully modular PSUs, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Any PSU that's ~700+ W, and a brand you recognize, honestly. Personally I don't get anything less than gold rated (Bad experiences trying to go cheap). I also really like fully modular PSUs, but it's not absolutely necessary.

any that you recommend? thanks in advanced

Taco computer sounds meh.

thanks for your always valuable input.

yeah we've discussed getting the i7 and I forget what your reasoning was but do you think it's worth it for that extra hyperthreading?

I agree with Moose, anything 700+ with a good reviews, gold rated is a must.

There might be others out there, I honestly just did a search for 700W fully modular and got this: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-120-G1-0750-XR/dp/B00K85X2A2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456005801&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=evga+power+supply+700w+gold+fully+modular

EVGA (and possibly others, I just know they do) typically have 10 year warranties as well (hopefully you won't have to use it), which is nice.

This is what I got in my most current build http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010HWDOH6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I've really liked it, as both it and my GPU have "eco mode" which only turn on their fans when they need to. With the air flow of my case, I've only heard them kick on once or twice, after a couple hours of straight gaming. You could still shave 30 off of what I got and get 750 instead of the 850.

There might be others out there, I honestly just did a search for 700W fully modular and got this: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-120-G1-0750-XR/dp/B00K85X2A2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456005801&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=evga+power+supply+700w+gold+fully+modular

EVGA (and possibly others, I just know they do) typically have 10 year warranties as well (hopefully you won't have to use it), which is nice.

This is what I got in my most current build http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010HWDOH6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I've really liked it, as both it and my GPU have "eco mode" which only turn on their fans when they need to. With the air flow of my case, I've only heard them kick on once or twice, after a couple hours of straight gaming. You could still shave 30 off of what I got and get 750 instead of the 850.

Thanks moose! I went to my local Fry's store and there was no really good deals on power supplys. Think this is the best one I've seen and will definitely buy it tonight!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Make sure you have an overclockable motherboard and it is probably better to get a 390 of you dont mind it running a bit hotter than the 970 .