Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark from Facebook

Helping a Friend get a Prebuilt computer

Disclaimer ; This is not for me, this is for a friend. I am not getting a prebuilt, I built my own. We are aware that building one is cheaper and better, he does not feel comfortable building a computer. 

Now that we got this out of the way, I have a buddy that's trying to get a gaming desktop, prebuilt (or laptop, but preferrable to be a desktop)

The computer will be used mainly to playing TERA and other Steam games.

I was gonna suggest this one;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227627&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=PPSSRVHEXEKHAR-_-83-227-627-_-Product

But from the research that Destin has done, Tera is like DayZ and AMD CPU's don't like them.

Keep in mind he's playing in a laptop at the moment. His budget is $1000 US.

So far all the Intel builds I've found on new egg are kind of shitty, with Swed and Destin helping me out. 

Does anyone have a pre-build computer that runs games decent in that price range? Any help pls? <3 Thanks guys.

Step 1: Get comfortable with building a computer

Step 2: Build a computer

But seriously building a computer is stupid easy. The hardest part is picking parts. Its easier than assembling a lego kit. 

Exactly what Fugner said. Just tell your friend don't be an idiot and rub your feet with socks on and then touch the components. Literally, plug the plug where the plug looks like it would fit. You could also help him build it if you've built one in the past.

But yeah if he's dead set on buying a prebuilt, then just go to their website. 

edit: never get any "gaming" laptops, they're all garbage

I've heard that prebuilt computers ARE cheaper than if you try and buy all the parts within a prebuilt computer. For me, it was just trying to find the best prebuilt that fit what I needed. I ended up with the Acer Predator (swapped out the graphics) since it had amazing (imo) CPU and RAM. ($800-900)

I can understand the whole not comfortable with building a computer. I bought an MSI laptop that could handle most games and could be carried from my home two hours away from my school. It sits on my desk at home or on my coffee table at my apartment. I do regret not finding something that could at least have an option to swap out GPU's. This Nvidia 840M is slowly becoming obsolete. Hopefully the Razar Core (a plug and play GPU console with swappable parts) can help extend it's life. I do love it. 

That being said, that desktop looks solid, but I don't like AMD GPU's. Is it possible to buy it and swap out the GPU with a Nvidia card? I know it doesn't matter as much as I'm making it sound, but Nvidia cards tend to have better support than AMD's.

wooooohooo! I'm uneducated with computers, so I'm going to be ignorant to all the resources i have and waste a ton of money for a pc !! WOOOHOOOO!

There are websites that allow you to pick what parts and they will build it for you.  I've even heard that a local best buy can build it for you as well

If you're already picking out the parts yourself, you might as well build it yourself. 1) you gain the experience of working with computers, so you can actually do it next time 2) get some friends over who know things about computers and you can have a fun time

But I would rather buy a prebuilt, swap out parts, and sell the stuff I'm not using.

wooooohooo! I'm uneducated with computers, so I'm going to be ignorant to all the resources i have and waste a ton of money for a pc !! WOOOHOOOO!

There are websites that allow you to pick what parts and they will build it for you.  I've even heard that a local best buy can build it for you as well

if you've got a local fry's electronics they should build it for you too

Mark, charge him a fee if you want for putting it together yourself because then you could make a bit of money for yourself as well help your friend, maybe even saving him money.. Orgin has really good quality pre built computers but they are expensive...

PLEASE BUY THE PARTS SEPARATELY. You can probably take it to your local mom and pop PC store and for a small fee they can do it for you. Or if they're nice they may be able to do it for free! Look around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you're already picking out the parts yourself, you might as well build it yourself. 1) you gain the experience of working with computers, so you can actually do it next time 2) get some friends over who know things about computers and you can have a fun time

But I would rather buy a prebuilt, swap out parts, and sell the stuff I'm not using.

thats just not a good idea.

thats just not a good idea.

No, it's really not. Just build a computer you'll save a whole lot of money

SOmeone build me a computer. I did it in highschool, but now I don't even remember half of it 

sorry that you're retarded