Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Helping my brother build a gaming computer.

Would highly recommend not getting the that Asus monitor in particular, I went threw a few of them with pixels not working... And ips looks so much more better! Many more colors...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Can you specify which one you have instead?

I'm using the 29um57, there are better monitors though! But they are around the same price and I've learned alot for color and to appreciate it, also for me with one was cheaper and a better choice exept not having speakers built in(they are bad anyways) atm I only use my headset..

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM57-P-ultrawide-led-monitor

Also my friend has recently discovered ips technogly and he is blown away by all the extra color...

Would highly recommend not getting the that Asus monitor in particular, I went threw a few of them with pixels not working... And ips looks so much more better! Many more colors...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

You do realize the main thing with that monitor is the refresh rate? Find an ips monitor with the same response time and refresh rate and let me know how much it is. The monitor you have is in a diffrent catagory than the vg248qe, I wouldn't even call it a a "Gaming" monitor due to its refresh rate. Also its weird that you would have issues with that monitor considering that it is a very reliable monitor that many people will stand behind (Myself included). The biggest thing with this monitor is the factory color profile is garbage, It needs to be fixed as soon as you open the box. This guide shows you how to do it Link

You do realize the main thing with that monitor is the refresh rate? Find an ips monitor with the same response time and refresh rate and let me know how much it is. The monitor you have is in a diffrent catagory than the vg248qe, I wouldn't even call it a a "Gaming" monitor due to its refresh rate. Also its weird that you would have issues with that monitor considering that it is a very reliable monitor that many people will stand behind (Myself included). The biggest thing with this monitor is the factory color profile is garbage, It needs to be fixed as soon as you open the box. This guide shows you how to do it Link.

Yea I bought the vg248qe for gaming its great and all but I had 2 of them come to me threw different people and stores and the on the first one we had a dead pixel, second one where half the screen didn't work, and Asus wanted to refurbish my monitor(after sending it to them)

But by that time ive already spent $75 on shipping alone..

Threw many forums on the internet i feel safe enough with a 5ms response time rather than a 1 as it seemed overrated.. From my experience I will use a low response time ips monitor over the other... And even more dramatic if I would have boughten from new egg I and got the dead pixel they would have said its within manufacture guildlines and to talk to the company apparently..

The reds and organges, blues and whites and the dark colors of an ips has really won me over... Being locked onto 60 fps until I upgrade.. Kinda sucks but that only means in the future I'll have a duel monitor setup..

After using both monitors for a decent time I couldn't tell the difference between the response time, but I don't have a top tier computer...

How ever I retract both my last statements if he is going to be gaming over +60 fps constantly on most his games then you need the vg248qe for smoothness..