Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoW Rude

jailbreak custom sprays

ok ive been playing jb for a while and ive seen some funny custom sprays and i reallly want one ive tried to figure out how to get the .vfc or dot whatever. IF one of u have a picture that i could use i would be grateful 

Thanks to ctark and myself, customizable sprays are now available on ZE, JB, MG, Surf and War3!

CSGO uses .vtf files for sprays. VTF files are basically TGA files, but different enough that they aren't interchangeable.

All sprays must have width and height that are 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, or 512. They don't have to be square, but most sprays tend to be. They must also be less than 100kB. DXT1 will have a smaller file size and be lower quality, DXT5 will have a larger file size and be higher quality. If your spray has curves or transparency, I recommend DXT5. DXT3 is in between, supporting transparency but without interpolation.

The easiest way to make a VTF is to upload your image to TFSprays (http://tfsprays.com/Create/Static) and use the VTF it gives you. Make sure the vtf it produces is under 100kB! Don't put an animated gif in as we don't (yet) support animated custom sprays, so you'll just end up with the first frame of your gif.

I highly recommend you use TFSprays, but if you really want to create the vtf yourself, here are four other ways to make a VTF:

Once you are happy with your image and have saved it as a vtf, and have linked your STEAMID to your forum account, go to the store, add the custom sprays to your cart and check out (ignore the price, there's no charge), upload your file and click submit. Bingo, your spray will be on ZE, JB, MG, Surf and War3 when the map changes. Select it by choosing My Custom Spray, which should now be the first choice in the /sprays list.

Or are you asking for a picture to convert to a spray? In that case, it's up to your imagination. Make it in paint or google something, just make sure it's not too large.

If its just the VTF file then goto WWW.TFsprays.com, upload your picture and download it on a VTF (The left option)