Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arctic Freeze

New Laptop

So I'm going to be starting college here soon and I was wondering what the best Laptop I could get for Gaming and School work. I need to have enough space on it as well. Any suggestions are welcomed.

What is your budget? 

Preferred operating system?

What kind of games?

Do you want an onboard dvd/bluray drive or are you fine with buying a usb based one later if needed?

There has been previous posts about this, I suggest checking those

What is your budget? Max of $2000

Preferred operating system? Don't care

What kind of games? CSGO, WoW , and LoL

Do you want an onboard dvd/bluray drive? Don't care.

And I'll definitely check around to see if any other posts help. My laptops began to start to overheat so I'm looking to get a new one soon since the semester starts in 3 weeks.

Just take your desktop; unless you see your self playing games outside of your living area

You can do your own research on the cons of gaming laptops, but I would recommend getting a (non-gaming) laptop with specs good enough to run the programs and lab software you might need for school and that's it.

Carrying around textbooks plus a gaming laptop isn't going to be fun unless you want to invest in one of those roller backpacks  Kappa

im with freekiller. desktop+ small laptop is totally the way to go. gaming laptops are basically lugging around small shitty desktops. Most inconvenient shit ever

ASUS makes fine ones, Razer has just about the best as well.  Also, the new Macbook Pro's (if you use bootcamp) can play CS:GO quite nicely. 

I have a powerhouse desktop and a cheap small notebook that I carry around.  I only use it to write papers, check emails and the news as well as watch videos.  It's great for me, but one day I would like to upgrade it.  

if your budget is 2 grand, take 1600 for a DESKTOP and purchase a chromebook for class, you get less distractions like that.