Sign in to follow this  
coodex

Simon says gray area?

Hey so over the past whiles on the server while playing JB i have come across what some people think is gray area with the motd simon says game. This gray area refers to direct orders given during the game. 

For example-

Simon- Pappa Goose Take 2 staps back

Pappa Goose - doesnt move

Simon - Bang bang bang "Dead Goose"

But simon never said Detours or delays and at the start of the game simon says do all commands in place. I talked to mark from facebook about it and he said that they must say no dets/delays but i would like to know if there is a way we can either have that changed in motd or actually have all staff enforce it cause i have seen staff let it happen and ignore the complaints.

Not here to call people out on it just want the simple issue to go away :) thanks for reading please check my post on a potential map im creating atm and leave comments,suggestions and criticism below.

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/69257-sg-alpha-v01-jb/

If the warden, who is simon, gives the direct order of the terrorist, saying his/her name, to take a step back or forward they must comply, or they simply die. If they don't say no detours or delays, then the terrorist can detour and delay. Remember if a warden says simon says is over it is over, and if they command all terrorist to do a new game, it ends Simon says.

What Ruffles said, is I believe correct (lets wait on cows for sure).

How I have always interpreted the rules are:

Simon must say simon says for a command to be valid.

Simon must specify no detours or delays (D&D)

A direct order overrules everything.

Since a direct order is not part of the game, you must specify no D&D for that order (and probably a freeze afterwards)

After the terrorist has finished the direct order, he is assumed to rejoin the simon says game, and must comply with the rules of that game going forward.

When does simon says end?

When simon says simon says is over

OR when warden starts a new game

In your example, that is a freekill, because he didn't specify no detours or delays on the direct command.

Hope this helps!

Furthermore anyone trying to do this shit to be a killwhore should be put on any admin that is on shit list and carefully watched for the slightest of violations to be punished. 

You are to make the game fun not get kills!