Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MistaChang

Monitor

Was wanting to buy a new monitor but wasn't sure what I should get, something around 17 18 inches with HDMI compatible, atm I use a TV and the color is getting to me..

If you're some kind of graphics designer or for some reason you really like image quality over performance you want to go for an IPS monitor, if you are going for a smoother gameplay you want to buy a TN display @144hz.

The one Paul linked is really good.

I'm liking the one Paul linked in, that site is safe to use your banking info on right? I've heard good things but never ordered from it...

newegg is fine. its a major outlet for anything electronic

I'm liking the one Paul linked in, that site is safe to use your banking info on right? I've heard good things but never ordered from it...

Yes mom it's safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the only one readily available right now, unfortunately, otherwise I'd recommend the monoprice 144hz monitor :(

This one's abiy to big for where I am putting it by an inch can you link me to one that's 22 inches?

just looked up and there are not any 144hz monitors that i can see that are 22 inches

yea might half to take off the top half of my desk :/

Height adjustable, dude. I'm using one as my primary, and a VE247H as a secondary. If space is an issue, raise it up!

Not being hieght adjustable just screen being so wide, I'm just taking out this drawer off my desk so I can fit the screen as I was short about an inch plus I'd have more room for comfort.. My Christmas present to myself, thanks for the help guys!

There is a dead pixel on the monitor I bought, should I return to the amazon seller or is there a way to fix it?

They won't return it. Probably no way to fix. Sometimes it is stuck and you can massage the screen around it and push in with a pencil eraser. There is also a website and our program to flash all the colors rapidly to try and unstick it. Usually those methods only work if it is stuck on one color or white.

You would have to look up the manufacturer warranty which almost all have very specific policies. Usually they allow one or two dead with in 1/3rd of center. Then a couple to 5 or 8 outside that area. The policy is clearly spelt out.

I'm not sure if any offer a zero dead policy anymore. Maybe for center of screen but not for whole screen.

Is it possible for it to go away over time if it isn't a dead pixel, I think it is stuck as there is color on it.

Edit: I can return to seller and buy a new one, should I get from a store or same seller?