Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piero

CS:GO Winter Tournament [Jan 22-24]

Team's have been chosen.

FULL PLAYER LIST

We received a greater turnout than we expected for the tournament signup. Unfortunately that means some of you didn't get picked to play. This is a downside to the captains system. If you didn't get picked to play, that means you are on our Sub Roster. Prior to the tournament start, if a team/captain finds out one of his players cannot play, he/she will be able to choose from the Sub Roster and only the Sub Roster. Once the tournament has been started (7PM CST), teams will be locked for the remainder of the tournament.

IF YOU CANNOT PLAY, PLEASE INFORM MYSELF OR YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN IMMEDIATELY. This way a person on the sub roster can be prepared to play, if needed.

REFER TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR MORE INFO ON THE TOURNAMENT. IT SHOULD HAVE ALL YOUR TOURNEY NEEDS.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me on Steam or PM me on the forums.

Good luck!

I think for the first time, all teams look pretty even.

Eddy did make some good picks though.

Guys i got bored.

Average Rank for each team:

(LEM) Team2

(LEM) Team4

(LE) Team5
(LE) Team6
(LE) Team8
(LE) Team9
(LE) Team12
(DMG) Team7
(DMG) Team10
(DMG) Team11
(MG2) Team3
(GN3) Team1

So by rank Team 2/4 should win it all, and team 1 will loose.

Guys i got bored.

(LEM) Team2

(LEM) Team4

(LE) Team5
(LE) Team6
(LE) Team8
(LE) Team9
(LE) Team12
(DMG) Team7
(DMG) Team10
(DMG) Team11
(MG2) Team3
(GN3) Team1

There's 1 MGE 1 LE 2 LEM 1 SMFC 1 U/R on Team 3. How does that average out to MG2. Wot.

And how does team 1 average out to GN3. Wot.

The meme team is clearly Silver 3 Average. Please correct.

Guys i got bored.

(LEM) Team2

(LEM) Team4

(LE) Team5
(LE) Team6
(LE) Team8
(LE) Team9
(LE) Team12
(DMG) Team7
(DMG) Team10
(DMG) Team11
(MG2) Team3
(GN3) Team1

Interesting but I think you should take the top 5 players for predictions, not the whole squad as only 5 players will play at a time. Also unranked players probably shouldn't be put into the calculation. Just because they're unranked doesn't mean they're terrible, they could have just not played comp in a while and lost their rank. Once they win a game they will return back to the rank they were I believe (it happened to me at least).

If you do that, most teams are LEM and LE.

Also important to note that these ranks are outdated for most. The ranks were posted prior to the update. Some ranks were updated recently if I played with them in comp. So take all of these ranks with a grain of salt lol.

Interesting but I think you should take the top 5 players for predictions, not the whole squad as only 5 players will play at a time. Also unranked players probably shouldn't be put into the calculation. Just because they're unranked doesn't mean they're terrible, they could have just not played comp in a while and lost their rank. Once they win a game they will return back to the rank they were I believe (it happened to me at least).

Also important to note that these ranks are outdated for most. The ranks were posted prior to the update. Some ranks were updated recently if I played with them in comp. So take all of these ranks with a grain of salt lol.

I assigned a value for each rank then took the average of that value to get the average rank. 

Ex. Silver 1 = 1 silver 4 = 4 GLobal elite = 18

so for a team of 3 would be 1+4+18 = 23 / 3 = 7.6  and 7 would be 

Silver 1 = 1

Silver 2 = 2

Silver 3 = 3

SIlver 4 = 4

Silver elite = 5

Silver Elite Master = 6

Gold Nova 1 = 7

So the average rank is Gold Nova 1. 

I assigned a value for each rank then took the average of that value to get the average rank. 

So now take the top 5 players of each team and do the calculations

Yea like piplup and his LEM, He isnt LEM At most he is DMG

So now take the top 5 players of each team and do the calculations

i did it for the whole team *6 players* in my post, i dont think it would make a huge difference to do it just for 5

i did it for the whole team *6 players* in my post, i dont think it would make a huge difference to do it just for 5

Here's just the top 5 players

#1 Tristan - LEM (16.8)

#2 Eddy - LEM (16.4)

#3 Travesty - LEM (16.2)

#3 Rootbeer - LEM (16.2)

#3 Scrub - LEM (16.2)

#6 Fugner - LE (15.8)

#6 OrdinaryGamer - LE (15.8)

#6 Mat - LE (15.8)

#9 Dickams - LE (15.6)

#10 Trinity Crush - LE (15.4)

#11 Killer - LE (15.2)

#12 Totesmagoats - MGE (13.8)

Everyone is really close. Ironically the first seed in the draft has the lowest rank team  KappaRoss

Either way, I think it should make for an interesting tournament. I think we'll see a lot of rounds come down to clutch plays and close calls... but most of all... teamwork!

Again good luck everyone. Color me excited!

Can't wait to get kicked out of the tournament for talking shit

Same

Yeah you already lost gg, too ez

Do you want me to wax "dat ass" with or without turning my monitor on

Let it be known, that if you're intentionally throwing a game/round to get knife kills... you will be disqualified from winning the prize and will not be able to participate in the next tournament.

If you are fucking over 5 other people to try and win a prize for yourself you will receive punishment for it.

Let me give you an example to be more clear:

You are the Last CT alive vs. the Last Terrorist alive -- bomb has just been planted and needs to be defused. If you have a chance at winning the round and should be winning the round for your team. You should the best way possible. If you are idly sitting behind a corner, while that bomb is ticking away, in hopes that you will get a knife kill when you could have won the round for your team... you will receive said punishment.

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/69612-csgo-tourney-challenge/#entry928869

I will also refer you guys to the Rules of the tournament...

Rules

• sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.
  • No excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a minimum)
  • No exploiting.
  • No intentional griefing of teammates and other players
  • No intentional throwing
  • Sky-walking or wall glitching is forbidden.
  • Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.
  • Planting bombs in places where they cannot be defused by the other team is forbidden. Boost plants or plants where many players are required to defuse are allowed.
  • Grenade bugs are not allowed. (ex. Throwing into certain spaces to create infinite sound loop.)
  • Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is STRICTLY forbidden and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal sG Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)
  • Remember you are playing on sG servers so all punishments will be global.
  • Sitting in spectator, regardless of team, is not allowed during a match. (Not including GOTV)
  • Finding a replacement for a team member must only be made from the Sub Roster.
  • You may only sub a teammate currently on your roster at half time or in between matches.
  • If the a team is not ready in 15 minutes after their time started they either have to play with what they have or forfeit the match.
  • If your team is missing a player and he comes back in the middle of the match, he may join if the other team allows it, otherwise he has to wait until the second half to join the match.
  • Knife fight for sides

**Failing to comply may result in disqualification from the tournament and the next tournaments.