Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

!revoke command for JB

In JB, disabling enhancements/alterations to rebelling Terrorists that are on a complicated Freeday can be cumbersome, and sometimes leads to them having an advantage for another 10 seconds or so while admins (if they're even paying attention) type the necessary commands.  I'd like to see someone work on an sm script that does the following:  Resets color, resets speed to 1, disables beacon, sets gravity to 1, sets longjump back to normal.  Script can be activated by Admin+ and higher by typing !revoke <target>. 

I assume it would be a series of if statements comparing default variables to current ones and changing back to default if they weren't

All you'd need is a function call to get a specific player ID as a way to get various current variables.

If that's not possible, then you just run all the possible commands in their default parameters on your target(color,speed,beacon,etc). This one is a little more inefficent, but would just be that series of function calls on the name you type !revoke on.

I wouldn't mind this for when wardens revoke it but is it really protocol to revoke abilities on a rebelling freeday guy? Just gives it more incentive not to accept a sonic freeday over a lowgrav one. Also if they choose to rebel, it's on them that they have a giant beacon showing where they are.

This would be really handy.

Just FYI: if a person has a color (sonic, zombie, etc.), simply taking off the beacon will remove their coloring.

I find that easier than typing out the color command again.

So, there's some oversight in this thread.

If I have some normal type fd, or maybe low grav, and I've picked up several items on the map that give me other attributes, do I have to accept the fact that someone is just going to revoke me and remove those attributes I had gained without admin commands?

Some admins just don't think all the time. Prem and SO included.

OTHER than that, I think the rest of this thread is very valid.

If I have some normal type fd, or maybe low grav, and I've picked up several items on the map that give me other attributes, do I have to accept the fact that someone is just going to revoke me and remove those attributes I had gained without admin commands?

There could be a stipulation that this command is only for rebellers on fd?

There could be a stipulation that this command is only for rebellers on fd?

Let's say he has a normal freeday and gets speed from Papas Kingdom because he was rebelling and went into a vent. He's now at 200% speed.

Will !revoke take down his speed that he got from a vent? That wouldn't be right because we never gave him that speed in the first place.

Bullet, as a quick release of this command (until the work is done to change it) could we not treat it kind of like silence (it just gags and mutes them) and unsilence.. Unless you feel it's too many function calls (I'm not sure on how things affect the server) to just set everything back to default.

For example they have a low grav freeday, but we set speed to default, uncrab, etc. as well as setting gravity to 1.. This way all it would entail is calling the other functions already written to turn things off/set the values back to default on that player. 

Edited by Moose

Bullet, as a quick release of this command (until the work is done to change it) could we not treat it kind of like silence (it just gags and mutes them) and unsilence.. Unless you feel it's too many function calls (I'm not sure on how things affect the server) to just set everything back to default.

For example they have a low grav freeday, but we set speed to default, uncrab, etc. as well as setting gravity to 1.. This way all it would entail is calling the other functions already written to turn things off/set the values back to default on that player. 

The correct to implement this command is to call the other sm commands directly(sm_gravity, sm_speed, sm_longjump, sm_color, etc). It would not be particularly taxing on the server at all considering you are only running the command once(when you execute it). These commands require very little power and space to do and I don't see a reason not to implement it as such. 

I wouldn't mind this for when wardens revoke it but is it really protocol to revoke abilities on a rebelling freeday guy? Just gives it more incentive not to accept a sonic freeday over a lowgrav one. Also if they choose to rebel, it's on them that they have a giant beacon showing where they are.

I'm not an SO for this server, but I've been told that yes, admins should be removing all attributes given to T's for LRs.  I suspect this wouldn't be a discussion with the JB Adv, SOs, and Engineer if that wasn't the case.

Let's say he has a normal freeday and gets speed from Papas Kingdom because he was rebelling and went into a vent. He's now at 200% speed.

Will !revoke take down his speed that he got from a vent? That wouldn't be right because we never gave him that speed in the first place.

I agree...  So I guess I don't play often enough (server is literally cancer), but what maps actually have attributes like that?  And does the map rely on sourcemod to execute the speed increase, or is it something else?  If it relies on another plugin, would an sm command reset it?  

The only shit I've seen is weapon pickups in the majority of maps.

The correct to implement this command is to call the other sm commands directly(sm_gravity, sm_speed, sm_longjump, sm_color, etc). It would not be particularly taxing on the server at all considering you are only running the command once(when you execute it). These commands require very little power and space to do and I don't see a reason not to implement it as such. 

That's about what I figured as well.  Why isn't it as simple as calling 4 other commands?  The only thing that would be difficult is sm_beacon, which doesn't appear to have an "off" or "0" option, just a toggle.

if it didn't spam chat you could easily make a bind with /gravity @all 1; /color @all 255 255 255 255; /speed @all 1. Beacon would be the only one i would see being an issue so if you could somehow make a way to not spam chat with it resetting everyone's speed and such back to default. As others have said this has been requested many times i made a post about this like 5 months ago.

if it didn't spam chat you could easily make a bind with /gravity @all 1; /color @all 255 255 255 255; /speed @all 1. Beacon would be the only one i would see being an issue so if you could somehow make a way to not spam chat with it resetting everyone's speed and such back to default. As others have said this has been requested many times i made a post about this like 5 months ago.

What if there are multiple Ts on a freeday and only one is rebelling?  The idea of this plugin is to 1) Not crash the server by using an @all command four times and 2) Allow for individually revoked freedays.

That's why the command wouldn't work my way, i've wanted this for along time along with many others so it clearly takes a lot of work to put it together. I don't see this being a thing anytime soon. That's all i'm saying

Since skitt verified it shouldn't be too taxing on the server, the only real complexity should be making sure you're setting all values (so that we hit every possible freeday). The statement posted to chat could be as simple as "All settings are back to normal" or something along those lines. I'd be happy to throw it together, if we're ok with that solution for the command. I'd like to know what Bullets other thoughts are though, as it seems he had another idea for the command.

I'd have to actually start looking but off the top of my head there are papa, Avalanche, blek cocks. I know there's a few more but I don't remember the names off the top of my head.

Out of the three above, the Avalanche ones are not affected by an commands. The regenerative one on papas is not either. Almost all the other ones on papas and blek cocks are.

Maybe I can look up the entities later?

Edited by Joscal

I'd have to actually start looking but off the top of my head there are papa, Avalanche, blek cocks. I know there's a few more but I don't remember the names off the top of my head.

Out of the three above, the Avalanche ones are not affected by an commands. The regenerative one on papas is not either. Almost all the other ones on papas and blek cocks are.

Maybe I can look up the entities later?

wut?

wut?

He's talking about the attributes you can get on those maps and if you can take them away. For example speed, if you get speed from the map, you can remove that speed on that player using the speed command.

I kinda figured, but that wasn't really what the thread was addressing... That being said, it would be a good idea to look at them. For example someone with a regular freeday goes and gets the speed bomb, we wouldn't want to take away his speed when taking away his beacon, since that was not apart of his LR. For the time being however, if the command is created, it would just have to be hit or miss whether it takes it away with the rest of whatever his freeday was I suppose.

I kinda figured, but that wasn't really what the thread was addressing... That being said, it would be a good idea to look at them. For example someone with a regular freeday goes and gets the speed bomb, we wouldn't want to take away his speed when taking away his beacon, since that was not apart of his LR. For the time being however, if the command is created, it would just have to be hit or miss whether it takes it away with the rest of whatever his freeday was I suppose.

Speed *bomb*

So a command shouldnt effect them right, since it's an item giving them speed?  Or maybe if it was combo'd with a command to make them drop everything, but pick it back up?

Speed *bomb*

So a command shouldnt effect them right, since it's an item giving them speed?  Or maybe if it was combo'd with a command to make them drop everything, but pick it back up?

I think it only works the first time picking up the nade