Sign in to follow this  
azile0

Image of God

See its impossible for one to express his beliefs without another getting mad. Again Religion is a weapon. We as humans were taught. Religion is the oldest gang. Think about it. You have Christians, Catholics, Jews, etc. They all have their beliefs as do crips, bloods, and latin kings. Granted street gangs aren't as old as religion but you should get my point. Its a very strong tool being its in people hearts and minds. In the military the first thing you try to do when invading another country is to earn the hearts and minds of the locals. Its a military strategy. There is so much to be learned, and I'm not putting down someones beliefs, I'm just saying organized religion is wrong. The first step towards world wide peace is to ban organized religion and except personal spirituality. So many things were created such as religion, and karma to keep people organized and to keep fear in people. Try to see outside the box

I do, christianity is a mass brainwashing program invented by the romans so that the general pop. would be more sheepish and some of the jews would convert and act sheepish themselves. Idc though because it is basicly a phycological guideline to being a better person, like if you were a phychologist, you know your following a syndrome, but you can't exatcly self diognose yourself. so you take the messures to change yourself through behavioral change.

Guest Fohacidal
I do, christianity is a mass brainwashing program invented by the romans so that the general pop. would be more sheepish and some of the jews would convert and act sheepish themselves. Idc though because it is basicly a phycological guideline to being a better person, like if you were a phychologist, you know your following a syndrome, but you can't exatcly self diognose yourself. so you take the messures to change yourself through behavioral change.

heh ignorance

It still is called the THEORY of evolution mate

Scientific theory beats the piss out of religious belief. (Haven't I posted that here somewhere before?)

Anyway, my big problem with religion is that it refuses to submit to any sort of logic, meaning it's basically impossible to argue against. When assholes figure that out, they can really fuck things up (creationism vs. evolution, ID vs. evolution) and do significant harm to attempts at educating society.

I don't care if you believe that God created the universe and the Bible is basically true, just keep it out of the classroom and stop trying to suggest that there is anything scientific about those beliefs.

I can answer those questions according to Christians. 1. God is everything, he is everywhere and all-being, all knowing, etc. The image of God is a depiction of our imagination. We are supposedly created in the image of God, according to the Bible. It never says min the Bible that we are the only ones. In fact it says that we will be as numerous as the stars. Jesus was Jewish so he was actually Hebrew, Middle Eastern looking. One question, if you were writing a book, about religion, would you make your God look like a black person or an asian if you yourself are white?

Now, I will warn you, I will be debating Religion. So, if you are sensitive about Christianity/Catholicism, don't read below.

I have been thinking about the portrayal of God as a white man, and I see many flaws in this image.

One - White men are a minority on this planet. We really only exist in America, Europe, and Canada. Blacks / Mexicans / Asians / Africans / Japanese / etc.. take up much more of the population, and portraying God as an old white man just seems like idolism, which is against part of their faith.

Two - Why would God, in all his divine glory, put himself in the image of us, when there are all those other planets he has created? Because, surely, he wouldn't just create Earth and be done with it? Why have a few billion worshipers when you can have an unlimited supply?

Three- Again, why white men? Are blacks too dirty to be God? Are Asians too Brown? You HAVE to be white to share a kind of kinship with God? I hear people saying things like, "Well, God is black." How do you know? "Well, er, I heard it somewhere." So, you are still following the path of idolism, by portraying god as a human.

Four- Humans are so barbaric, so bloodthirsty, why would a benevolent god show himself as one of us? Unless God enjoys watching his species rip eachother up.

I have said my piece, now let me hear yours. And, if you are Christian/Catholic or whatever, don't go screaming at me. I don't want this to turn into a huge battlefield of words. Just express your opinion.

Guest Fohacidal
its not though Foh. Christianity is one of the biggest Religions that try, and manipulate people.

Yea, probably 150 to 500 years ago, not as much anymore.

Again its really about the media and what people actually hear on the news these days, hundreds of people are scammed monthly by cults and fake preachers taking their money or impregnating there children or whatever yet when a small scandal occurs with a handful of Catholic priests its blown over all throughout the news.

The only exception is scandals on epic proportions, like those guys abusing the kids in Texas.

Guest Fohacidal
Scientific theory beats the piss out of religious belief. (Haven't I posted that here somewhere before?)

Anyway, my big problem with religion is that it refuses to submit to any sort of logic, meaning it's basically impossible to argue against. When assholes figure that out, they can really fuck things up (creationism vs. evolution, ID vs. evolution) and do significant harm to attempts at educating society.

I don't care if you believe that God created the universe and the Bible is basically true, just keep it out of the classroom and stop trying to suggest that there is anything scientific about those beliefs.

Wow way to overblow your response, I was just stating a fact, I meant no bias towards religion in my post, I just hated how the kid assumed that just because religion isnt absolute that science is, while Im not discrediting science (it is much more concrete) its not always absolute either

wrong. they try and manipulate everything as well as Jews.

So your like the nazis who believe in the international jewish conspiracy then amirite?

Religion is one of the biggest monetary scams in the world. They use religion to get tax free income and sucker thousands into giving their life savings to the church. Church and serving God is never supposed to be about money. Not to mention, religion is one the the best established manipulators throughout the world. The fact can not be argued. My mom is so indoctrinated and brainwashed that there is no logical conversation I could ever have with her about religion. All of her answers she considers facts even though they are completely faith based. You can't convince someone who is brainwashed it just doesn't work.

Guest Fohacidal
Religion is one of the biggest monetary scams in the world. They use religion to get tax free income and sucker thousands into giving their life savings to the church. Church and serving God is never supposed to be about money. Not to mention, religion is one the the best established manipulators throughout the world. The fact can not be argued. My mom is so indoctrinated and brainwashed that there is no logical conversation I could ever have with her about religion. All of her answers she considers facts even though they are completely faith based. You can't convince someone who is brainwashed it just doesn't work.

Way to over generalize

upsyndrome475f2b15df6fbfb2.jpg

Way to over satirize, and like fox, generalize

Guest Fohacidal
I get the fact that you've been taught this, but understand the truth. You'll see once you see combat.

No I know how to look at both sides objectively, you guys just bash every major institution of religion just because you dont agree with it, the majority of the people arent evil.

Jesus was a jew yes?

If you go to israel... the jews arent arabic...

their jewish.

Jews are closer to white the brown.

And... It so much more realistic to follow this line of thought....

There was nothing.....then.......BAM!!!! the universe explodes into being.

Then atoms came 2gether and made life.

Randomly.

I cant explain god. Its not my place to.

But atheists...

Cant back themselves up any more.

No I know how to look at both sides objectively, you guys just bash every major institution of religion just because you dont agree with it, the majority of the people arent evil.

You know that people who are brainwashed don't know it?(Rhetorical) But I understand if you choose to walk amongst the sheep. I can respect that. To me it's just your need for a sense of security. But you can call it what you like.

Guest Fohacidal
You know that people who are brainwashed don't know it?(Rhetorical) But I understand if you choose to walk amongst the sheep. I can respect that. To me it's just your need for a sense of security. But you can call it what you like.

Way to be a dick to me and probably every theist on this board bios

Exactly why I am not the fondest of Catholics, if you look back long enough, the Roman Catholic Church was very corrupt with indulgences and such, then you had Martin Luther who was not afraid to step out and say that this is very wrong, and made a new religon, based off of Catholic ideas and beliefs, so in a way they are the same, but oppisite, I am in no way trying to glorify myself as a Lutheren, just to show that not all denominations are all about money, us Lutherens, NEVER combine church and state, so we still pay taxes and stuff, just don't stereotype.

upsyndrome475f2b15df6fbfb2.jpg

Seriosly dude, grow up, stop being a dick.

Jesus was a jew yes?

If you go to israel... the jews arent arabic...

their jewish.

Jews are closer to white the brown.

And... It so much more realistic to follow this line of thought....

WTF are you talking about? Jewdiism isn't a race of people, you can be any colour and be a jew.

did you ever hear of the one theory behind religion being evolved through mushrooms? It was thousands of years ago when man stumbled across mushrooms and picked and ate them. They were hallucinogenic, and thats how man got language, religion, different social behaviors. The theory also stated that the hallucinogens developed their minds because it gave them spirituality and let them think a lot more in depth. I found it to be an amusing story. Foh I'm not putting down religion, nor am I saying don't believe in god. I am simply stating organized religion is a tool for war and fear tactics.

Guest Fohacidal
did you ever hear of the one theory behind religion being evolved through mushrooms? It was thousands of years ago when man stumbled across mushrooms and picked and ate them. They were hallucinogenic, and thats how man got language, religion, different social behaviors. The theory also stated that the hallucinogens developed their minds because it gave them spirituality and let them think a lot more in depth. I found it to be an amusing story. Foh I'm not putting down religion, nor am I saying don't believe in god. I am simply stating organized religion is a tool for war and fear tactics.

Epic fail, I cant even begin to describe why thats already wrong, I would have to reference everything from prehistoric humans to even animals.

Epic fail, I cant even begin to describe why thats already wrong, I would have to reference everything from prehistoric humans to even animals.

I can certainly see it contributing to development of religion. Shrooms make everything seem divine, and you feel as if you are connected to a greater consiousness.

Guest Fohacidal
I can certainly see it contributing to development of religion. Shrooms make everything seem divine, and you feel as if you are connected to a greater consiousness.

Possibly, but attributing every aspect of human life to some guy getting stoned is farfetched beyond belief.