Sign in to follow this  
sixheadkyle

Language Rule

I tried enforcing a rule against homophobia when I was staff.  It didn't work very well.  Enforcing the shit against racial slurs is already a pain in the ass, especially when staff don't enforce it equally.

eat my faggot ass

We've tried having rules against "homophobic epithets" in the past however they don't work out very well in the context of this community specifically. Not only do members value that they are free to say what they wish, a lot of Staff (including myself) also agree that members of our community should have the freedom to express themselves however they wish (not including harassment, racism and PIP). Due to this, the rule against "homophobic epithets" was removed and was to be covered under harassment rules instead, which are far more lenient as they require proof of a pattern of harassment against an individual or group rather than someone saying "gay" or "faggot" in chat or over voice.

One could argue that homophobic epithets rule should match the rules against Racism as the use of both portray the community in a negative light; however, as a society the Western world accepts homophobia much more than racism and as a society we've come to associate the word "gay" or "faggot" with "stupid" and "asshole" (or some variant thereof) respectively. Apply this to the context of the Internet and this community and it doesn't make sense to enforce the two in the same manner. Maybe someday in future this will change, but until then we as a community have decided to opt for freedom of speech/expression over militantly enforcing policies against homophobic epithets like "faggot" or "gay".

If you faggots ban the use of homophobic epithets again I'll get banned so fast and still not give a shit because it's a shitty rule to have.

Not that anyone ever enforced it when it used to be a rule anyway. I sure as hell didn't, and I suck dicks habitually. Go back to Tumblr.

And this post is coming from someone who is pretty, pretty... Gay..

FACT

Lol if this was enforced people would get kicked left & right during the map minecraft, every time i go in usp vent and start killing people "mannnnn usp vent is so gay" and " killer you're a faggot for going into that vent and camping in it"

Lol if this was enforced people would get kicked left & right during the map minecraft, every time i go in usp vent and start killing people "mannnnn usp vent is so gay" and " killer you're a faggot for going into that vent and camping in it"

People would catch onto it. The first month would be interesting to say the least.

I don't think people would kick for saying gay though, chances are it would just be for saying faggot if a no homophobia rule was applied.

if you are offended by someone saying faggot or gay, you need to grow the fuck up

this thread is still gay

I like that we also have a map with faggot in the title. Cause the map is for faggots. And the guy who made it is a faggot.

Plus if people on sG servers, not sG memebers per se but just the randos who play every day find out that you are offended by said term and they are capable of saying it they will overuse it like a single white mom with a xanax perscription. better to just rustle ur jimmies and deal with on small scale than deal with on a torrential level.

It's great to know I can call someone a faggot casually and not have the server go into an uproar with "HOMOPHOBIC!!!!!". Because it's already bad enough with "RACISM!!!!!" being chanted by everyone on the server when I say "nigga". I say it casually not to be racist, it's just apart of my everyday language because I've grown up with people being okay with it. I don't know if all of you are okay with it or not because I know not everyone grew up in the same area with the same moral code.

Edited by Mista

It's great to know I can call someone a faggot casually and not have the server go into an uproar with "HOMOPHOBIC!!!!!". Because it's already bad enough with "RACISM!!!!!" being chanted by everyone on the server when I say "nigga". I say it casually not to be racist, it's just apart of my everyday language because I've grown up with people being okay with it. I don't know if all of you are okay with it or not because I know not everyone grew up in the same area with the same moral code.

wow it must've been brutal in high school. too many rules for you, huh?

i don't understand this logic. it's not allowed, don't use it. i don't cuss around my family, simply out of personal conviction, so i think you'll be okay not using nigga in sG servers.

hope you're not white. if you are, please kill yourself