Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

Fallout 3 Freezing

I bought Fallout 3 and it keeps freezing in random points when I play. About 7/10 times, it'll freeze and not respond. I'm running Windows 10. I've noticed it freezes most frequently during combat. No clue what's going on, I can't even CRTL + ALT + Delete out of it, I have to sign out of Windows altogether to close it. Any suggestions?

I bought Fallout 3 and it keeps freezing in random points when I play. About 7/10 times, it'll freeze and not respond. I'm running Windows 10. I've noticed it freezes most frequently during combat. No clue what's going on, I can't even CRTL + ALT + Delete out of it, I have to sign out of Windows altogether to close it. Any suggestions?

You need to do something about the number of threads you allow in your ini.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1328904.html

Something about Win 7/8/10 and having too many threads for fallout 3 or some shit, I don't remember- Too tired at the moment. Do this and it works, though.

This game isn't compatible, with Windows 7 and up. You need to look up guides, on the Fallout Nexus and Steam forums. I tried setting this up, years ago, but it really isn't worth it. It also does not work, with quad core processors.

You need to do something about the number of threads you allow in your ini.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1328904.html

Something about Win 7/8/10 and having too many threads for fallout 3 or some shit, I don't remember- Too tired at the moment. Do this and it works, though.

This worked. I guess older games aren't initially compatible with newer computers. I edited the code, though the link you provided wasn't as clear as a similar post. All is well now. I just played 2 hours straight without issues. Thank you.

If it starts crashing when you go indoors, you'll have to do the nuke option.

For me it was go to msconfig, Select the Boot tab, Click Advanced Options, check number of processors and change it to two and then restart.

To go back to normal just uncheck it and restart.

make sure you are running the game on 1 core that's the way the game was designed, it doesn't like multi-cores. also i recommend adding a stutter script to help the game run smoother.