Sign in to follow this  
Face

AFK'ing for tomes/roundwin XP is bannable

Noticed a small handful of people AFK'ing quite a bit the last couple weeks and had numerous people complain about it/ask me about it.

The first thing you should be doing is /teamswitch_spec playername. They can only keep cash for so long as a spectator and they can't earn round win experience as a spectator.

If they keep swapping to teams but continue to afk, that is when you can start banning.

Here's the deal: if someone is AFK for the majority of 2-3 maps, give them a SHORT ban. 10-15 minutes.

Here is what this would look like: They join a team, they are AFK for the majority of rounds played, it occurs over multiple maps (2-3+, depending on exactly how much they are AFK'ing), and it isn't some abnormal circumstance. e.g. if some regular goes afk for 2 or 3 maps it is probably an IRL issue and not them abusing. If it happens consistently, maybe reconsider.

I would suggest banning for 5-15 minutes the first time you do, just to send a message to someone. Make sure to put some ban message so I know you banned them for being AFK, or tell me and I can edit the ban message.

If someone has been banned for AFK'ing before and later on/the next day they AFK for multiple consecutive maps, feel free to ban them for 30 minutes. Please don't exceed 30 minute bans unless they get aggressive about it somehow.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask me.

Obviously I am exempt to this because I am typically dealing with server bullshit Kappa

The main thing is, use your brain. For the most part this post should not affect 99.9% of players. Typically admins do a fine job switching people to spectator. This is just for a few "edge" cases where people are AFK more than they are playing CONSTANTLY.

Noticed a small handful of people AFK'ing quite a bit the last couple weeks and had numerous people complain about it/ask me about it.

The first thing you should be doing is /teamswitch_spec playername. They can only keep cash for so long as a spectator and they can't earn round win experience as a spectator.

If they keep swapping to teams but continue to afk, that is when you can start banning.

Here's the deal: if someone is AFK for the majority of 2-3 maps, give them a SHORT ban. 10-15 minutes.

Here is what this would look like: They join a team, they are AFK for the majority of rounds played, it occurs over multiple maps (2-3+, depending on exactly how much they are AFK'ing), and it isn't some abnormal circumstance. e.g. if some regular goes afk for 2 or 3 maps it is probably an IRL issue and not them abusing. If it happens consistently, maybe reconsider.

I would suggest banning for 5-15 minutes the first time you do, just to send a message to someone. Make sure to put some ban message so I know you banned them for being AFK, or tell me and I can edit the ban message.

If someone has been banned for AFK'ing before and later on/the next day they AFK for multiple consecutive maps, feel free to ban them for 30 minutes. Please don't exceed 30 minute bans unless they get aggressive about it somehow.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask me.

Obviously I am exempt to this because I am typically dealing with server bullshit Kappa

The main thing is, use your brain. For the most part this post should not affect 99.9% of players. Typically admins do a fine job switching people to spectator. This is just for a few "edge" cases where people are AFK more than they are playing CONSTANTLY.

This should also be dubbed as "sweetrocking"

be lucky face is the one bringing this up. i would just reset levels for repeat offenders.

Let it also be known that I can reset XP for people.

I'd like to not, but I can.

if you're in spec, you can still get tomes from cash command

They lose the cash pretty quickly, also they should be shanked by admins if they sit in spec for more than 2 rounds.