Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Opinion on new desktop I'll be getting?

So I have finally found a desktop that I believe will work perfect for me at a pretty cheap price!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014QVM2AY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1443010135&sr=8-2π=SY200_QL40&keywords=asus+32ad&dpPl=1&dpID=41wxreEaXgL&ref=plSrch

Yes I understand that this desktop is in no way super powerful, but that's not what I'm wanting anyway. I just wanted one that will run games like Garry's Mod and CS:GO (and others around that) pretty smooth! So I have pre ordered this desktop and I have no idea when I'll be getting it, but hopefully I'll get it in the next month or so.

Do you guys think this desktop will fit me?

I don't think you're going to be running csgo on that desktop, csgo is pretty cpu intensive. Also onboard graphics will probably not work to well either, so if you don't mind playing csgo at about 20 fps then this desktop was made for you!

I don't think you're going to be running csgo on that desktop, csgo is pretty cpu intensive. Also onboard graphics will probably not work to well either, so if you don't mind playing csgo at about 20 fps then this desktop was made for you!

My gateway laptop that has 8GB RAM and only 1.8 ghz processer runs both GMod and CS:GO pretty well. I checked all the stats and this computer is overall way better then my Gateway laptop.

You probably could of got a better one with the same price :/

I tried looking, but they were all like $200 more or so! Plus this should be good enough for what I'm going to do on it. I don't see the need to get one higher. All my "high" gaming will be on my PS4.

what does your fps look like on your laptop? I doubt you're getting over 100 fps

No I don't get that high. Honestly I don't know how high I even get, but to be honest I don't really care. It's high enough to where I don't lag while I'm playing . But to me as long as I can run the game without it lagging (even if it's on low settings) then I'm sold.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2492000

Look around, I found that within a few minutes of reading this thread. It's $50 more has an arguably better processor and a dedicated graphics card.

If you're a student you can get windows for free. (gotta have a .edu email)

Plus, there have got to be cheaper combinations that would suit your needs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2492000

Look around, I found that within a few minutes of reading this thread. It's $50 more has an arguably better processor and a dedicated graphics card.

If you're a student you can get windows for free. (gotta have a .edu email)

Plus, there have got to be cheaper combinations that would suit your needs.

This is what I was talking about. Something that you can easily upgrade over time

The Gpu in an APU hardly counts as a dedicated graphics card.

My bad, I was looking at another picture when I wrote that.

I think there is another one that is similarly priced with a dedicated card.

EDIT: I looked at just putting together a cheap pc...

This is what I came up with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7TZdhM

It isn't the best but I'd go with it on a small budget. Again, if you're a student with a .edu address then you can probably get windows through another source.

Thank you guys for all the feedback and jesters!

I understand most (if not all) really don't think that this desktop is good enough for me, but seriously every single techy computer guy at my school is telling me, when I ask them about the desktop, that it is actually perfectly fine for what small gaming I'll be doing on there!

Especially since my laptop can run the games I'm going to be playing pretty good and this desktop is like 3x better I've decided to just go with this desktop.

Most of you probably think I'm stupid, which I understand I kind of am, but I know that this desktop should be fine for me. Thanks again for the feedback guys!