Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

Add a Small Nerf to Impetus

Add a 2 second cooldown to impetus ultimate, you can get shot then ultimate, then ultimate again if you are going to get shot again. The only counters are alistar ultimate and dunpeal, but you have to be nearby to silence him by the time you are close your dead cause of the stupid knock back. Basically an escape plan on never dying unless you are going to get silenced.

TL:DR As impetus just keep spamming +ultimate to live 24/7

It isn't that much of a problem. Sure, in instances of less people, say 2v2 or 1v1, it's easy to escape danger and then recompose yourself in returning to where enemies are. Like most classes however, if the impetus is the one being attacked by surprise, there should at least be some damage done to the impetus if not being shot in the head a couple of times. Not all marks are in safe places as time goes on, you're likely to teleport into enemies after pressing the panic button. I don't think the ultimate is too different from say Selune in those regards. I could understand wanting to nerf the ultimate as a way of not directly nerfing the scout dmg/knockback (which seems to be the most concerning aspect?).

It isn't that much of a problem. Sure, in instances of less people, say 2v2 or 1v1, it's easy to escape danger and then recompose yourself in returning to where enemies are. Like most classes however, if the impetus is the one being attacked by surprise, there should at least be some damage done to the impetus if not being shot in the head a couple of times. Not all marks are in safe places as time goes on, you're likely to teleport into enemies after pressing the panic button. I don't think the ultimate is too different from say Selune in those regards. I could understand wanting to nerf the ultimate as a way of not directly nerfing the scout dmg/knockback (which seems to be the most concerning aspect?).

Does it really matter, when you can instantly teleport to another marker?

The knockback is also ridiculous.

/ban meown 0 l8r

Edited by Sandy.

Selune is limited to two time going back to base unlike impetus has no cd and can be spammed multiple times

There is 1 second CD, not 0. The race is built around using the marks properly and teleporting  around maneuvering. Just because 1-3 people play it half decently to make it noticed doesn't mean you should nerf it for everyone else that is still horrible at it. The race itself needs the ultimate to be played properly and with out it, even a "small" nerf (1 second) would hit it extremely hard. People are just annoyed because of a person who is playing it constantly, the race itself is not op, its just being played by someone who can /cough no scope (Center dot monitor.)

Just because 1-3 people play it half decently to make it noticed doesn't mean you should nerf it for everyone else that is still horrible at it. The race itself needs the ultimate to be played properly and with out it, even a "small" nerf (1 second) would hit it extremely hard.

Rip the glory days of pug and my Sensei-Goldentail.

The KD one month ago was about 1.3 over 1.6k kills.

The KD during the last month was 2.0 over about 2.4k kills.

Nothing changed to the race. Meown started playing it. I haven't really seen more than maybe 3 players hold a 2.0 or 3.0 on it, and tbh I think using the teleport well is harder than you guys are playing it out to be. It doesn't store what direction you are facing or anything, so you often TP facing a wall or the opposite direction you want, etc, and have to re-orient yourself really quickly. Also, like ATTG said, it does have a 1 second cooldown.

I currently don't see a problem with it. This thread to me is the equivalent of complaining about troll because "look how good pug and spicy do!" If meown didn't start playing it, this thread likely wouldn't exist until someone else came along who was decent at it. Maybe my opinion will change but that is where I stand.

Nobody complained (or, at least to me). I played it myself some, and I really don't think it needs 1 sec CD. The teleport is already insanely good for escaping (e.g. you can just push, go for a noscope, tp back when they see you, repeat) and I think there isn't much if a downside for how good it is. I think an extra second adds more risk, and honestly if you TP into an enemy I think impetus should probably die. The bash, on another note, is to give an option so impetus can't just insta-tele away from you. Allows for entangle to counter it, basically.

I think it is quite strong if you try to utilize the teleport as a method of overextending. I don't think you should be able to overextend as much is possible, and that is a large part of what annoys people. You can get up in their face and kill them, or you fail and TP away.

Again, this is definitely more about "annoying" than "overpowered".

The bash/entangle change is disappointing, but not enough to get really upset over.

That fast teleport was really the defining feature of the race though (equal to the fast/reloading scout), and while I tried giving it a go last night, it's just not really fun anymore. The biggest problem comes when your tp position is blocked. Before if you needed an emergency tp but your spot is blocked, you were only penalized 1sec of the enemy shooting your for free before you can try the next spot. Giving an attacker an extra second when they have the jump on you is a major disadvantage. Not to mention that now if you tp to an unsafe spot but your next TP location is blocked, you're now stuck there 4 seconds instead of two. And tp location being blocked is an important consideration because often there's nothing actually blocking your beacon, just some clipping glitch in the map.

The forward mobility has always been shit considering there's no speed modifier and every time you cant get to a decent beacon spot and tp backwards you have to retrace that ground at a snails pace. If you need to emergency tp without having placed a beacon nearby, you can easily be stuck 15-25 seconds away from the enemy and be completely useless to the objective. Now the tp mobility has been made pretty lackluster also.

So with the mobility nerfed and emergency escape neutered, is the race still fun now? I'm not seeing it.

Edited by meowN

Tell me if the getting blocked is any better next time you get a change to play it.

It isn't map clipping, it is guns/nades etc sitting on your tp spot and blocking it. It may mess with your spread for a split second when you TP, but hopefully you will get blocked substantially less.

Whatever that fix was for the tp block, it works awesome. Didn't have that issue a single time tonight.

As for the tp time though, I still think it throws off the race too much and there were two issues today that make me feel that way. The main is still general mobility, if i walk across the entire map and lay out smart beacon points (which already takes up a lot of round time), then sometimes it can take up to 10 seconds of doing nothing but TPing to try to get to the beacon you want. 5 was manageable, but 10 means I miss out on many of the battles and objectives I used to engage in. The second issue is that many of the strategies that I've worked on that made the race fun for me relied on being able to bounce around an enemy or map quickly, and being stationary for 2 seconds just ruins that. 

I'll continue trying it for a bit, but it just doesn't feel fun. Left as is, I don't really see myself playing it anymore. 

And that sucks because I've really grown fond of it (over 150 levels, still hoping to find an expertise) and never thought it needed any balancing in the first place. It's really not easy to play well and plan out the timing and order of all 5 beacons, which are usually in different places every single round. 

If I put the TP cooldown at 1 second and played the teleport noise at both locations you teleported from/to, would that be fair? I just don't like being able to teleport from in front of someone to being behind them with no indication what-so-ever of what happened.

Also, some expertise don't have chat messages Kappa

If I put the TP cooldown at 1 second and played the teleport noise at both locations you teleported from/to, would that be fair? I just don't like being able to teleport from in front of someone to being behind them with no indication what-so-ever of what happened.

Also, some expertise don't have chat messages Kappa

I like the sound idea, reduce the cd and put the sound.

Haha, well I didn't know that teleport even made a sound until this, but if others feel that it balances out the 1 sec cooldown then that seems fair to me.

You dirty whore

^