Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kim

Gremlen12 Either Scamming or Compromised

Just figured I would let you all know a JB player Gremlen12 is currently trying to use the teamspeak plugin scam on people. He'll ask you to play in a tournament with his friends and try giving you a TS ID. Upon entering the TS it will ask you to install a plugin. He's currently in the sG steam group so don't let his friends list or groups fool you.

DO NOT HIT OK. Immediatly leave the teamspeak if this happens to you. This is a pretty well known phishing attempt.

His SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:47977429

Why would anyone play a tournament with a JB player. Kappa

You're a jb player and Eddy was forced to play with you in the Winter csgo tournament   Keepo

Well scamming is a bannable thing, I think this should be in the complaint department

You're a jb player and Eddy was forced to play with you in the Winter csgo tournament   Keepo

Well scamming is a bannable thing, I think this should be in the complaint department

he may not have concrete proof to ask for a ban

so he might be giving heads up here so someone can take action and investigate further or just prevent it from happening to one of us.

people do nice things like that crobat. not everything must be taken into affirmative action.

Unfortunately I didn't think about screenshotting the conversation or the teamspeak message. I just messaged him with "Nice scam m8" then deleted him and posted this warning hoping nobody would fall for it. I definitely should have got those screenshots in hindsight.