Sign in to follow this  
Skipp

Respawning

I came up with an idea and im not sure if it has been come up with before.

I havent actually tried it myself yet but i was wondering whether it would be possible to bind a key to change your race to one that can respawn (like default or magnus) and then use its ult and then right after in the 2 sec it will take for you to respawn switch back to a different class.

Doesnt really need to be a bind but if you were to put those 3 commands in 1 bind you could use it to respawn every round no matter what race.

If you already died once and then switch to default, it won't let you use the ult. Pls, engi's have though of these loopholes. Not today buddy.

Most of the races check that you were that race when the round started OR that you died as that race last time. For example, if you try to respawn as magnus while dead, it checks what race you last died as and what race you started the round as. If you haven't died, it also prevents you from respawning.

There's probably one or two races, but abusing this is against the rules. If you find a race that can respawn (e.g. say you die as magnus, hit respawn and change to orc simultaneously. If you are able to respawn, report it to one of the engineers (I'm probably best to fix something so simple).

If someone abuses something like this and is caught. You can and likely will get punished (possibly banned) for doing it.

I noticed that when you play a race,die and then switch to priest it still gives the two respawns.

I respawned myself that way on accident once.

It probably works around the system since it only checks for personal respawns rather than team respawns.