Sign in to follow this  
Avery

Converting Surf RPG to Skill Surf

Many of the community members, myself included, feel that the Surf RPG server should be switched to a skill surf server.  When I first get on or when I get bored of playing and want to relax, I like to hop on a surf map and listen to music.  I rarely see any community members that actively play the RPG server now or any new members that come from it.  A skill surf server has a better opportunity to be a community based server and I for one would be more willing to play it on a regular basis.  

From everytime skill surf is suggested i can say its not going to happen due to too much competition and not being able to make money off of a skill surf server.

From everytime skill surf is suggested i can say its not going to happen due to too much competition and not being able to make money off of a skill surf server.

That being said, what kind of income does the RPG server provide to us? This isn't a new server it is simply converting an existing one to one the community is more willing to play and support.

Edited by Avery

You can still sell admin to it and skins, You don't know how many times I join servers to surf and wish i had admin to mute some little faggot.

I'd like to see a skill surf come into the sg community, I know many members would love to play on it.

Good idea, lets take a server that has an active population and delete it.

The servers are for the community to enjoy, yes it has an active population but it isn't pulling new members into the community and helping it grow. The best way to do that is by having people currently in the community play the server.  Frankly, the community isn't interested in playing Surf RPG.

Many of the community members, myself included, feel that the Surf RPG server should be switched to a skill surf server.  When I first get on or when I get bored of playing and want to relax, I like to hop on a surf map and listen to music.  I rarely see any community members that actively play the RPG server now or any new members that come from it.  A skill surf server has a better opportunity to be a community based server and I for one would be more willing to play it on a regular basis.  

Sounds like a great Idea to me, I would enjoy a surf server. But I dont know how everyone else feels :\

The only problem with this is that this debate has gone on plenty of times in the past, this one post won't change all the other ones that got shut down.

The main issue in the past was that certain members that were on staff that were adamant about not having a skill surf. I have been asked by staff to make this post to see community feedback after staff changes in the last 6 months-1 year.

Edited by Avery

I think its a good idea, skill surf is actually fun and it will bring it different kinds of people into the community.  Whenever i go on RPG surf theres always one guy running around with max levels and wrecking anyone regardless if hes good at the game or not, people leave the server because of that, its so hard getting levels nowadays.  Regardless of that, i think skill surf would bring in more mature members into the community instead of the random jb kids who make an app after 2 months of playing jb.  I haven't seen autistic kids on any of the skill surfs i've gone on for the most part, theres obviously going to be some, but because of the more relax environment of skill surf there is a higher  chance for more maturity within the community regardless if it is only a couple of people.  It is a good idea.

Edited by Im not gay but 20 is 20

I'm all for skill surf, it's relaxing and puts ease on people who don't want to continuously kill. However, changing a server that's already populated/active is a very bad idea in my opinion. People get intimidated by high level players and are discouraged, but what people don't understand is that no matter how high level of a player is, they are killable no matter what. I see noobs come in all the time trying to use a rifle with shitty aim thinking that they are gonna kill people but thats only seeing the deathmatch part of the server. You NEED surf skills in order to reach secret areas and people don't make the effort to learn how to surf correctly. You can kill any player on the server with an awp NO MATTER how high level the player is. I suggest incorporating skill surf maps to the rpgsurf server in order to see how the population would react to it, but a complete switch of rpgsurf to skill surf could have a negative consequences.

I never really undestood the thrill of spawning with a gun menu dropping down to jail and just spraying the jail teles. Atleast deathmatch surf servers in css used to require you to surf to a certain point of the map to get the guns..

I'd prefer skill surf myself also.... i hate going into  random skill surf servers that have admins who are constantly PMSing and deciding  they want to switch the map because they cant do a surf.

The main issue in the past was that certain members that were on staff that were adamant about not having a skill surf. I have been asked by staff to make this post to see community feedback after staff changes in the last 6 months-1 year.

Well then Skill Surf would be a good idea in my mind, not for any community purposes but just for my opinion on liking Skill Surf and not liking Surf RPG as much

This.

The Surf RPG server is an active server. It might night be hugely populated, but it always has people in it. Staff will always argue that a Skill Surf server will never have any randoms on it, just those from sG who want to play it and will eventually get bored. And I can't say I disagree with them. :3

I would really like a skill surf server, and I see myself playing it a lot. My best memories of surfing came from beating maps like vegetables and fruits and not from killing people at their spawn on rpgsurf.

While we are at it, how about zm server pls?

Edited by HornyCat

I don't know how sound both arguments of there being a lot of competition and there not being a unique aspect to the server not warranting players from showing up. ZE, despite DDos's from rival servers and having climbed up beyond most of the top 100 servers to the top 10, then losing all of the constant population from being down during the host switch, managed to rise back up to a decent pop. KZ has been doing well despite there being other servers with the same maps and timers as well. 

I don't think there's anything to be gained from RPG that wouldn't have more potential to be gained exponentially through changing it.

Join one of the other 20 that are completely full? I know we have 2 paidmens on surf RPG which is funds for sG

Edited by VexeR

If a proper response isn't posted by someone on staff by the time I get Internet (Aug 12th) I will address this but I just moved and have no Internet right now and I'm not about to address every post in here on my phone.

I've always wanted a skill surf server for sG. I get tired of playing on other servers where its usually full of toxic players and abusive admins. I understand both sides this if it were to happen though. Rpg surf usually has a stable population, mainly due to the fact that it's summertime. Also, how often do people from the rpg surf server visit the forums or apply to the community? I personally believe that a skill surf server has more potential than rpg surf has. From my perspective people are more incentive to buy admin/supporter packages on skill surf servers. I'm all for a conversion over to a skill surf server, but it all depends on how the majority of the community feels.