Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean

Windows 10 is now available for upgrade

What did you use to activate windows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

microsoft most likely.. pretty sure im the only one with a kms at home.

if you upgrade, you dont activate on clean install.

@junzou im confused by your orig post. you burned to usb didnt work, then burned to "media" and it did work.. what media? did you burn differently each time? Are you bios or uefi?

sorry, my question was misinterpreted. I was asking how he activated it since he did a clean install but I then realized what was going on.

sorry, my question was misinterpreted. I was asking how he activated it since he did a clean install but I then realized what was going on.

yah, so right now there's only 2 activation methods

1) KMS

2) default

kms works like it usually does

with the default, if you do an upgrade (non-oem copies) your "key" and pc unique id are stored. If you then clean install on the same machine, you're automagically activated. So, upgrade your machine, then do a clean install so it doesnt present a bunch of bugs/slowness.

yah, so right now there's only 2 activation methods

1) KMS

2) default

kms works like it usually does

with the default, if you do an upgrade (non-oem copies) your "key" and pc unique id are stored. If you then clean install on the same machine, you're automagically activated. So, upgrade your machine, then do a clean install so it doesnt present a bunch of bugs/slowness.

yep, that's what I realized after I made the post.

if you upgrade, you dont activate on clean install.

@junzou im confused by your orig post. you burned to usb didnt work, then burned to "media" and it did work.. what media? did you burn differently each time? Are you bios or uefi?

There are 3 options, if I recall correctly: upgrade from the program (no USB or other media), create a bootstick, or download the image.  I tried a bootstick a few times, it didn't work.  I tried upgrading from the program itself (it does a download and tries to upgrade from within the OS), and that didn't work.  So I did the third option, which is to download an image to burn to a DVD.  Burned it to a DVD, used the DVD to do the upgrade, no problems.

Didn't do a clean install.  I did an upgrade from a disk.

So, upgrade your machine, then do a clean install so it doesnt present a bunch of bugs/slowness.

Fuck that.  I'll do a clean install if it gets buggy.

I am wondering is it possible to make it where Windows will never use your Microsoft account to login the computer entirely? I logged into the Xbox app once to test out the Game Streaming, which upon shutting down my computer and starting it up the next day I saw that I needed to login to my Microsoft account to have access to the computer.

I am wondering is it possible to make it where Windows will never use your Microsoft account to login the computer entirely? I logged into the Xbox app once to test out the Game Streaming, which upon shutting down my computer and starting it up the next day I saw that I needed to login to my Microsoft account to have access to the computer.

The same exact thing happend to me. The xbox recording app didnt even work for me