Sign in to follow this  
Face

Marine Poll

Marine  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marine be changed (and how)

• Yes, change it (PLEASE EXPLAIN BELOW)
    • No, don't change it
    • Remove it

I don't want the race removed, I just want it slightly changed.

first of all I shouldn't be able to buy HP from shopmenu, same for boots of speed (these aren't really as OP compared to health) and cloak.

I understand the race does 70% of the normal damage, but don't you see how being able to have 190 hp (190 because -10 for the ult), infinite ammo with 50% increased fire rate, damage reduction, +75% speed and leech makes that 70% damage mean literally nothing.

Wait...you can buy those as Marine? I actually didn't realize that you can buy those items as Marine. 

I went ahead and restricted periapt and boots.

Skitt made some face-approved/sanctioned changes we are gonna see how those go.

@Eddy you should really talk to people like ATTG about shop restrictions. People don't really understand how many seriously conflicting opinions I/we receive. A lot of players opinions on item restrictions is :"if it doesn't have a buff that is at least as strong as the item buff, it should be able to buy the item" essentially. Therefore I typically under-shoot on restrictions.

A good example is bob, I restricted boots. The race is strong. Before I nerfed it a little, it was one of the most consistent high-KD races on the server. I got so much bitching "why can't bob buy boots, he doesn't get bonus speed this is so dumb." Marine was even before bob though. When marine was put on the server, I didn't even have access to set restrictions (non-sG at the time I believe).

Item restrictions can be really hard sometimes. Periapt is a NO BRAINER on marine, that should have been restricted for sure.

The bonus health right now is probably either 0 or 50 because skitt changed it, and typically easy buffs break if you change them without restarting. It should be 30 however.

this isn't about the KD of the race, it's about the experience a player gets when playing against this race.

The concept of a race getting + 50HP, life leech, +75% move speed, dmg reduc, extra dmg, and infinite ammo is retarded, I'm not wanting this change to this race because I find it over powered, I want the changes for the sake of the experience someone get's on our server.

I personally haven't seen any new players complain about marine. It really isn't that hard to kill. I also don't see why it should be changed if the racestats aren't actually that strong. If anything, when a new player sees a good/fun race they become more motivated to level up and unlock that race for themselves.

I found marine to only be annoying when you get that one guy who does nothing but hold the shoot button down. So basically you'd end up not being-able to tell if someone is running up to you, or shooting at you cause of that guy.

Are we really arguing over a race that at best has suppression fire on a WCS server? its KDR is shit. I and many regulars have like 0 fucks given about it being played. IF the race WAS good the good players would be playing it. AKA spicy chicken/GoB/and so many others that only care about races the you know actually make you better at something.Human Marine is not that special yes it is a good race but honestly there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more races and things on this server that could use attention then Human Marine. 

Edited by turbulance

The class is fine the way it is. Its a fast moving race that can spray you down. Counter it with a slowing race or snaring race and you're going to rape it. Anyone who does play it typically sprays the whole time too, so its not like you're never going to hear them coming from a mile away.

Hell, Molecule easily counters it. Though i have seen spicy use it before, might have been cause of a whore switch.

Plus, so many people complain more about other races, like Zerg and Night Elf, then they do marine. Hell the only complaint i've seen about marine is about the people who constantly shoot.

Thoughts on marine post-changes?

I actually like it with the famas quite a bit more. The slow encourages me to play angles with it and the race really excels at it IMO because of the famas spray accuracy and +attk speed.

Right now I feel like something should be done to make stim more useful and I'm also considering upping dmg% to 75 from 70.