Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Count

sG Movie Club week 2: End of Watch

19 members have voted

1. 1. What genre of movie should the next one be?

• Thrillers
    • Gay & Lesbian
    • Comedies

The week is over so I hope you all have done your homework... 

This time around to keep you guys interested I've added a poll with three Netflix movie genres that were picked at random. The next movie will be picked out of the winning pool using Netflixroulette.net.

The format I will be using for the threads are not set in stone, so if you don't like it or have some suggestions to make it better feel free to post them in this thread: http://www.joinsg.net/topic/67150-sg-movie-club/

Aside from that, I'm going to look into creating a schedule for people who want to get together and watch the movie on Teamspeak at the same time.

With all that shit out of the way, I present to you next week's movie: End of Watch.

Netflix summary:

Officers Taylor and Zavala patrol the streets of South Central Los Angeles, an area of the city ruled by gangs and riddled with drug violence.

But first, lets talk about American Psycho.

easily one of my favorite movies, love the movie and i hope i get into some chases like they do the first scene, maybe not the shooting, but the car chase

Maybe i was unclear, but this thread was mainly to discuss american psycho.

I'll break the ice. I hated the movie. Every actor except for Christian Bale was horrible and the lack of a soundtrack made me fall asleep.

I thought the movie was pretty interesting. They did lose me at the end though... so I'd like to attempt to sum it up. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Basically a high class white collar from Wall Street named Patrick Baitman kills dozens of people simply to satisfy his lust for a frenzy. As the movie goes on, his blood thirst becomes more aggressive and rapid. By the end of the movie he has confessed his "murders" to his lawyer (Harold Carnes) over a message he left on his machine. The next day, his secretary finds his agenda in his office drawer. Inside contained graphic drawings of the murders he believed to commit. Yet, where they lost me is when he talked to his "lawyer" the following day. Harold said he received his message and thought it was hilarious. But, Harold said, it would've been funnier if he said it was someone else. Harold told Patrick that he shouldn't have said it was Baitman because he was a spineless lightweight, and in the process called "Patrick", Davis. 

I'm not sure if it was just me... but this whole ending went right over my head. Was he just so mentally unstable that he pretended to be someone he wasn't? And if so, then why did he call his own officer and his secretary answer, "This is Patrick Baitman's office, how may I help you." Could anyone clarify?

Personally I thought it was too bland. Christian Bale may have done a fantastic job but as Count said the other actors weren't very good. I do however like the plot of this movie, I just think it could've been done a lot better. 6/10