Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

ACII Art, I can make it ;)

I can generate ASCII art from any picture at request. I'll upload some examples. These are viewed in the Terminal font at the lowest point size available. No bold, no italics, just as I said. Turn off word wrap too!

-Audio

Guest Fohacidal

do some ascii pron, just for the hell of it, I would laugh

I'm using a script to make these, but I can make it into an EXE and pass it out if you guys wanna play with it. Sometimes the compiled scripts show up as malicious software because people use the language for the wrong reasons. But this is one I hand made, so I know without a doubt that it's clean. Odds are it won't set of an alarm though, just saying.

-Audio

http://rapidshare.com/files/114256203/ASCIIimages.exe.html

That's the exe I made. Now, when you double click it, a little icon in the task bar should show up that looks like the icon of the program itself, that will mean it's active. To use it, find a picture or whatever it is you want to make into a ASCII image and follow the steps I'll post here.

1) Of the image you select for this process, we need to define a box for it to generate the pic from. So, go to the top left hand corner of the image, or the part you want generated, and press ctrl+alt+b to select the "begin" point. Then, go down to the bottom right hand corner and press ctrl+alt+e to set the "End" point. You will not receive any notification or anything when you set the points, just sit back and wait for a little message box to pop up saying its done. The bigger the area selected, the longer it will take.

2) Open up a text reader of some sort, notepad works fine, and paste from clip board. Now make sure word wrap is turned off and that you have the font set to "terminal" and the point size to the smallest available. Do not use bold or italics, though it won't effect it much. You should see a nice ASCII pic of what you selected on the image now in notepad ^^ That's it really.

^!e::

CoordMode, Pixel, Screen

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

MouseGetPos, scan_x_end, scan_y_end

scan_current_y=%scan_y_start%

scan_current_x=%scan_x_start%

scan_current_line=

Loop

{

scan_current_x := scan_current_x + 1

if scan_current_x > %scan_x_end%

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%`r`n

scan_current_y := scan_current_y + 1

if scan_current_y > %scan_y_end%

break

scan_current_x = %scan_x_start%

continue

}

PixelGetColor, found_color, %scan_current_x%, %scan_current_y%

StringMid, scan_rgb_r, found_color, 3, 2

StringMid, scan_rgb_g, found_color, 5, 2

StringMid, scan_rgb_b, found_color, 7, 2

scan_rgb_r=0x%scan_rgb_r%

scan_rgb_g=0x%scan_rgb_g%

scan_rgb_b=0x%scan_rgb_b%

SetFormat, integer, hex

scan_rgb_sum:=scan_rgb_r + scan_rgb_g + scan_rgb_b

if scan_rgb_sum > 0x280

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%.

}

else if scan_rgb_sum > 0x200

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%:

}

else if scan_rgb_sum > 0x180

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%,

}

else if scan_rgb_sum > 0x100

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%+

}

else if scan_rgb_sum > 0x80

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%8

}

else

{

scan_current_line =%scan_current_line%#

}

}

Clipboard=%scan_current_line%

MsgBox, Scan Complete

return

^!b::

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

MouseGetPos, scan_x_start, scan_y_start

return

That is the source code of it. I love this language cause it's so damn simple to do stuff in and make little programs and what not.

-Audio

For any of you who play MMORPGs, this language could be very useful to you as well. I'm currently writing a program to play Flyff for me in the Japanese servers. You just need a bit of creativity in ya and a willingness to work at it. The language is not unlike ES in many respects, I was surprised how similar it is really. I'm just getting into it though, so I won't be really proficient at it for a while, but I need little projects to work on so I can get better, any ideas can be brought forth and I'll try my best ><

-Audio