Sign in to follow this  
VEGEMITEKILLER

Clarifying when CT's are baiting and when T's can kill

During my little undercover work, a paidmin slayed me because I killed him for his killing a "baiting" CT. The motd defines a baiting CT to be a CT that is within knifing distance and that a T is not rebelling if he/she kills the CT. However, if a T is given a freeze command and the CT is about knifing distance, I don't think the T can just run around to kill that CT unless that CT decides to do a cell check in a non-VIP cell. Plz help assure me on this or correct me.

If a t is told to freeze and runs after a ct then they are rebelling. A baiting ct is either in a cell while a t is still there at the start of the round or is in between a t and the place warden told the ts to go.

^^^

Also I'm pretty sure that if a CT gets close enough(but not within knifing distance) to a bunch of T's and gets killed and other CTs get killed because of that CT getting killed is pretty much baiting(even if the T that killed the CT doesn't rebel/drops the gun)

"c. General baiting includes but is not limited to:"

Straight from the motd. don't just scroll down to the line you want, read all of it.

Now to the specific situation. You didn't provide one, so there really shouldn't be any major ruling on this as it could turn into a

"the ct wasn't actually baiting i read it on the forums lulz."

If the ct was running up to the stack basically within knifing distance, but it still requires the ts to leave the stack to kill the ct. then it's a whole situational thing. it all really is. if a t can leave the stack and knife and get back in without you noticing, then I'd classify it as baiting. If the t has to jump out and get to the ct, it's probably not close enough for real baiting, but I might still slay the ct for being an idiot. IT'S ALL SITUATIONAL.

If all the ts are frozen in a line unstacked and a ct does the above where they are not technically in knifing distance then yes, killing the ts for moving would be completely justified, but I'd also find it justified to strip/slay the ct for baiting, because he is. he is literally goading the ts into rebelling because he thinks it's ok to be a dipshit. Again this is a specific situation.

After re-reading your post it sounds like the t ran into a vip cell to kill the ct. yes you freekilled if you killed the t for it while they were still in front of their cells.

"Going into a Terrorists cell (when the Ts are still in front of their cells)." < This is baiting.

There is nothing in the above rule that says vip cells are excluded from the rule. Period.

"c. General baiting includes but is not limited to:"

Straight from the motd. don't just scroll down to the line you want, read all of it.

Now to the specific situation. You didn't provide one, so there really shouldn't be any major ruling on this as it could turn into a

"the ct wasn't actually baiting i read it on the forums lulz."

If the ct was running up to the stack basically within knifing distance, but it still requires the ts to leave the stack to kill the ct. then it's a whole situational thing. it all really is. if a t can leave the stack and knife and get back in without you noticing, then I'd classify it as baiting. If the t has to jump out and get to the ct, it's probably not close enough for real baiting, but I might still slay the ct for being an idiot. IT'S ALL SITUATIONAL.

If all the ts are frozen in a line unstacked and a ct does the above where they are not technically in knifing distance then yes, killing the ts for moving would be completely justified, but I'd also find it justified to strip/slay the ct for baiting, because he is. he is literally goading the ts into rebelling because he thinks it's ok to be a dipshit. Again this is a specific situation.

After re-reading your post it sounds like the t ran into a vip cell to kill the ct. yes you freekilled if you killed the t for it while they were still in front of their cells.

"Going into a Terrorists cell (when the Ts are still in front of their cells)." < This is baiting.

There is nothing in the above rule that says vip cells are excluded from the rule. Period.

I think this pretty much says it all. Tell the CTs to quit jerking off.