Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alicia

Batman™: Arkham Knight

Ppl are bitching there's a fps cap at 30. 

ayy lmao, yea that would cause it guess they took some tips from ubisoft this go around, I'd be bitching too glad I didn't preorder it xD

Many people feel it is a conspiracy to cap games fps. They think the game companies are trying to make consoles look better because of software piracy. Also console game prices have specific price levels and reductions as time goes on. PC buys need to be made quickly because 1) there will be a pirated version in days(if they are lucky) and 2) as time goes on they need to make quick steep declines in price to make sales.

I honestly don't think it is specific to piracy though. I think it is just pure money and numbers. Consoles make money so you developers make games geared towards them. They reuse code. That means they need to put there optimization efforts towards the money maker. Also optimizing for console is hugely important. A PC the user can throw more money and hardware at performance issues. You can't do that with consoles.

Ask yourself how many big game titles over the recent years you have played on PC and said... Yep this was made to be played on the PC and everything works nice on a PC. Most games now are obviously for consoles based on UI, control, game mechanics, camera angles, etc.

So the reason for the fps cap is two fold. The game is not optimized for PC and runs poorly. They are embarrassed and don't want to look bad so cap to hide that. Also they want all platforms to have a similar play experience. Having a divided market means better profits so you don't want one platform to be favored.

is that not a reason to be upset?

Sorry to say bitching, not a wise selection of words. It's certainly a reason to be upset. I haven't played this game, and in a sense I wanted to buy it because I am in love with Batman games and open worlds.