Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chaos4499

Xbone Backwards compatibility

Microsoft just dropped the mic in their E3 press conference IMO. Sony needs to bring their A game tonight. Anyone else as excited as I am to be able to play their 360 games and 360 arcade game on the One? Personally, I'm just happy to have an excuse to play some more Reach!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-update-enables-360-xbla

screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-12-52-51-pm.pn

unless im wrong this is going to be what the xbox games were to the 360 where some work and most dont

I'm more excited about the new South Park game; the only Xbox I own is the first one.

Oh god yes, Stick of truth was amazing. Still written by Parker and Stone I assume? I somehow haven't seen anything about the new game.

unless im wrong this is going to be what the xbox games were to the 360 where some work and most don't

More or less but Halo: Reach is one of those titles and that is more or less all I care about. I still play a lot of Reach local LAN parties so it will be good to have another system to throw into the mix.

unless im wrong this is going to be what the xbox games were to the 360 where some work and most dont

Actually, unless we were lied to, all xbox 360 games will be available through this, AFTER the owner says yes.

Bolding as that is a possibility

I honestly never saw this coming! Congratulations to all you players with an Xbox One!

Me personally I have a PlayStation 4 and I hope we get some cool update because Xbox has to be winning at the moment with this announcement! 

this is kinda of a meh honestly. a system with BC is okay I guess. but honestly, I have still have my last gen consoles and I don't use them that much, it's like 90/10 next gen systems and PC games for me. if you really wanna play old games or didn't get the chance to, that's great. but to me it's a feature that only a few people care about these days.

Actually, unless we were lied to, all xbox 360 games will be available through this, AFTER the owner says yes.

Yeah all games are emulated on console, so in theory all games 360 games are possible, they said they wont be releasing games that have a usb aspect or use kinect for obvious reasons, but beyond that they just need the ok of the developer and for it to pass testing for it to be available.