Sign in to follow this  
Sith

Ban exploits?

Hello,

For those that don't know me I'm a regular on the sG vanilla TTT server.

So on 04/14/15, approximately 4:30 PM EST, Bob Ross banned a player named "Shah Rukh Khan" for mass RDM for a span of 10040 minutes.At approximately 5:30 PM EST (about an hour after the ban) Shah Rukh Khan logged in again.

How is this possible? Is there an exploit he used? Or are they two different people with different Steam ID's?

I thought I'd bring this up just in case we had a real problem. If it ends up being an error on my part or if I'm just overreacting, I apologize. I thought I'd make a thread about it instead of just ignoring it.

Thanks,

Sith

He didn't ban anyone for anything near that length around that time according to sourcebans. I'll have to take a look at the server logs to see what happened. Maybe Bob Ross can confirm before I bother going through the trouble?

Tell me if this is still a thing.. If a player gets himself banned or perma'd and then logs in using another account with the same name shortly thereafter does the second account get banned by admins automatically? I mean if the guy goes out of his way to put a second account in jeopardy and doesn't attempt to make a fool out of himself, you wouldn't think he'd get banned a second time for actions taken on the first account.. or at least i'd hope there would be a forgiveness rule in situations like that. Kind of like the 6 ban rule where if you get 6 bans and get perma'd on one account, then logged on with a different account and start the count over. 

Edited by Velo

what server are we talking about?

EDIT: It was the same account, same steamid. There are no errors,  my guess is the database timed out at the exact second it happened. If it keeps happening i'll look into it.

what server are we talking about?

EDIT: It was the same account, same steamid. There are no errors,  my guess is the database timed out at the exact second it happened. If it keeps happening i'll look into it.

both servers

This happened to me with another player before, except they rejoined immediately. I sent a message to Avenger on Steam and he came in, banned the guy, and it worked. It was really weird. 

I did ban him for mass rdm and griefing. This is not the first time I have banned someone and then they rejoined moments later. At times I have had to use steam Ids.

He is suppose to be banned for a week for mass rdm, killing a detective as innocent, and griefing the reports with "sorry I miss clicked"

I did ban him for mass rdm and griefing. This is not the first time I have banned someone and then they rejoined moments later. At times I have had to use steam Ids.

He is suppose to be banned for a week for mass rdm, killing a detective as innocent, and griefing the reports with "sorry I miss clicked"

He's been banned before for being a retard. I think I got him banned one time because he rdmed me with excuse "sorry I miss clicked" and I reported him