Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alicia

New computer

First off, I know most people are going to tell me to build my own computer, and I agree I should. I just don't have the time nor skill to. (Take in mind the life of a based 13 year old) No one in my family knows shit about computers, I know a little but not a lot to build one. I would look up how to build one but I need to catch up on school work, I've been out for two months due to personal ordeals. I just want advice or some tips that would push me in purchasing the correct computer. I don't know my budget since my family just got home from vacation. But I'll probably update this thread with the budget once I find it out. Thanks in advance to everyone. :)

Building computers takes no brain at all to be honest, it's just plugging things into sockets. I hope you take the path of building a computer because pre-built computers come with all this trash that is unneeded and are overpriced. I was 13 when I built the computer I'm on right now. I just watched a shit ton of videos on computer builds and learned from them.

Building computers takes no brain at all to be honest, it's just plugging things into sockets. I hope you take the path of building a computer because pre-built computers come with all this trash that is unneeded and are overpriced. I was 13 when I built the computer I'm on right now. I just watched a shit ton of videos on computer builds and learned from them.

I'll try to take some time to make my own computer, it's unlikely I'll be able to but if I have the chance I'll take it. Thanks for the advice. :)

The "hardest" thing about putting together a computer is compatibility and putting the CPU in (none of which are really hard). But the rest is literally like putting Legos together.

The "hardest" thing about putting together a computer is compatibility and putting the CPU in (none of which are really hard). But the rest is literally like putting Legos together.

Agreed, once I confirmed I had the right part the only scary part was putting the thermal paste on my CPU and getting it on the motherboard. This was 5 years ago I build my first PC and it really went smoothly all things considered.

If you are going to spend as much money as you probably are to buy a pc, you might as well build your pc. Sure you can buy your pc but you are wasting probably 1 to 2 hundred dollars buying an already made pc and getting worse specs for the price tag. Your call but it honestly its a waste of cash.