Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

just wanted to say

Similar to Abaddon's ult (although obviously less strong) I think Xian is simply annoying. I don't think it is as good as people think, but it is very frustrating to die to. Here is my analysis why:

1) P2K and especially USP-S are very accurate while moving and even more accurate while shift-walking

2) The higher speed combined with 64 tick and 80+ ping is difficult to hit (as with all increased speed races so this alone isn't a problem)

3) The teleport makes Xian even harder to hit.

4) Because of the high accuracy of the USP-S and P2K while shift-walking, they can AD AD spam with almost no accuracy penalty making them harder to hit than almost any other non-knife race while in a 1v1 situation (IMO).

5) The evasion makes it so you will generally miss 2 shots vs Xian. This can easily be 60-200 damage if you are using a rifle.

This combination makes it feel like Xian is incredibly difficult to even hit, and when you do there is a moderate chance that your bullet does nothing.

I think this leads to frustrating 1v1 situations but in bigger fights or if the player is exposed the Xian becomes substantially less strong/annoying.

I think after the event with less players on the race it will be much less frustrating.

I think the race is good, but not too good. If it was to get a nerf I would say 5% maybe 10% evasion removed.

Xian has a 2.1 maxed KD ratio. It's a pistol race, and available to pretty much EVERYONE to play. Something is wrong with this race.

30% evasion, 2hp/sec, 125 max hp, can't be tagged due to how the speed works, and has insane mobility/jukes that are pretty much completely silent.

If I were to make edits, I would: change speed to 120%, reduce evade to 20%, reduce healing to 1hp/sec, and make the sound on the ulti louder.

really activates my almonds how anti mage's blink draws a line and is so much louder

Remove the line drawn

Reduce cooldown on ult slightly (35 sec currently I think? maybe 25?)

Cooldown on spawn for the ult is insane, could easily be reduced by 15 or 20 sec (iirc), probably one of the highest for all races (holy paladin is probably a good contender though)

Make ult deal a base amount of dmg vs pistols and knives (20-30?)

If the blink location is invalid, don't set the cooldown (or set it to like 0.25 sec to prevent spamming impossible teleports)

Fix the teleport function to not check for ult immunity

Any combination (or all) of these changes would instantly make the race A LOT better. I personally would be willing to make these changes (or any combination I could get approved) and changes to gravitas and other races that people view as necessary.

Slightly off topic but I love the race.

Xian has a 2.1 maxed KD ratio. It's a pistol race, and available to pretty much EVERYONE to play. Something is wrong with this race.

30% evasion, 2hp/sec, 125 max hp, can't be tagged due to how the speed works, and has insane mobility/jukes that are pretty much completely silent.

If I were to make edits, I would: change speed to 120%, reduce evade to 20%, reduce healing to 1hp/sec, and make the sound on the ulti louder.

This sounds like an overnerf to me. Maybe make ult louder and reduce evade by 10% then see how it goes from there.

Edited by Face

Xian shits on so many races its not even funny.my thoughts about the race have already been express by others. With the tagging system it just chows on people

its annoying as shit, but I wouldnt say downright op.

I agree with face on the suggested nerfs.

This sounds like an overnerf to me. Maybe make ult louder and reduce evade by 10% then see how it goes from there.

Maybe. But don't forget it's still completely silent, doesn't get slowed by tagging, and still has stupid juke potential with ult/ability. Evade to 20%, speed to 120%, and sound on ulti would at least bring it back to reasonable levels. This race should be played like a stealthy ninja; right now people are just playing it like run down the hallway, ADADADAD and obtain 2.0 KDR. It should take some more thought and skill to play with all the tools that it has.

Can we nerf the evasion already, I just got sniped (topmid of d2 from ct mid) after the guy dodges 3-4 of my headshots in a row. This race is tankier than wizard or ranger atm.