Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Private Pyle

TTT_Asilo Thread

PLEASE READ!

I'm just gonna make one thread for my progress on Asilo beta.

Fixed my tumblr so I'll try to add new images every day I work on it.

Heres the link for the photos

http://privatepylemapmaker.tumblr.com/

/|\

Note I update my tumblr, so check this link to get the newest photos and see my old ones. I'll post when I've added new photos to it so you can check it out.

Don't forget to follow this thread for updates on my map! Also, tell me your feedback!

Update:

Got the courtyard halfway done but it still looks like crap, but I think I've got the general theme of the inside. It's going to be an abandoned retirement home thats fallen into disrepair. I'll add building to the courtyard to make it more realistic.

Looks nice, since im a lazy retard, you can take all the rights of ''my map''

Dont worry. I would just practice, practice, practice. It took me a year of expirience to get where im at and I still don't l know everything on map making. Keep making maps as long as you can and eventually you will be able to make a great one!

Update:

Made the courtyard look sexy as fuck. Also worked on lighting by changing the skybox and light color. Should look way better now. Anyways I'm gonna take a break and work on it more tomorrow.

Also, I added 2 new photos, so check em out!

Update (No Photos):

Added a second floor, but its so messy I can't load it yet because there are tons of holes in it. Not sure if I want to keep the retirement home feel or just go to a sanatorium feel. Maybe it will be both, who knows. Please note I might change the name of the map to ttt_sanatorium mainly because it looks more like a hospital than a retirement home. (Asilo is a retirement home in Peru according to Crobat).

Anyways, could you guys give me feedback, it would help greatly.

Update (No Photos):

Ok, there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that, due to an error in the map file I had to go into a text editor to edit out a script in the map which deleted much of my map including but not limited to: Props, Lights, Windows, Doors, etc.

The good news is that this clear up a lot of clutter I was upset about and has allowed me to better work on the map and reshape a lot of it.

I might be able to release and Alpha soon for testing purposes on the server so look forward to seeing a map missing props, decals, and improved lighting. I want to see how this map works before moving on with the project.