Sign in to follow this  
Prosak

Racewhoring idea

I'd also like to see if you maxed every race then the racewhore rule doesn't apply to you. Or at least make it so it doesnt change your race every...fucking...round.

Also they would just go onto the next best race and do the same thing. I just think great shopmenu items need to be restricted on races that are already in a good position. Like mask and periapt on nelf

But then what would happen to people trying to max the race? They could still play it? 

And then when do you decide what classes to max or not?

Too much thought would have to be put into it and people would complain 20%

I like the idea but I think it wouldn't work because of the community QQ too much (lets be honest here we all know that Adventurer and Lilith/devil would be blocked all the time )

Edit: And what if you have all classes maxed, you gotta change classes every map? 

Edited by Extremist

But then what would happen to people trying to max the race? They could still play it? 

And then when do you decide what classes to max or not?

Too much thought would have to be put into it and people would complain 20%

I like the idea but I think it wouldn't work because of the community QQ too much (lets be honest here we all know that Adventurer and Lilith/devil would be blocked all the time )

Edit: And what if you have all classes maxed, you gotta change classes every map? 

Race whore script doesn't apply if your leveling, never has.

I had the idea the other day of a script where if a lower level player tries to play a race that is at the limit (e.g. 2 people playing it, only 2 people can play it at a time) it kicks the higher leveled player off.

This helps (slightly) keep people from whoring, as if you have a level 200 race and other people want to play it, you get knocked off.

In conjunction with this, having more restrictions on races would moderately reduce whoring. If there can only be 1 devil servant on a team and two go to play it, the one who whores it (or the one who whores more) gets knocked off.

Maybe 1 player per the often whored races: infected, devil servant, fyndhorn, adventurer, ranger, etc. and 2 on other "top tier" races.

There are obvious issues with this idea, e.g. if Derpy wants to play devil servant for the first time in a long time and so does someone else, rip derpy, and that is unfair. 

An alternative to comparing levels of the player you could maybe measure the % or amount of time the two players have played the race beyond max level in the last days or week etc.

It isn't foolproof... but maybe it could work out one way or another.

Edited by Face

I think the script back in the day used to kick players that were maxed on the race if someone who wasn't leveled wanted to play it, which I'm all for because I'm totally down for people leveling instead of whoring.

I think the script back in the day used to kick players that were maxed on the race if someone who wasn't leveled wanted to play it, which I'm all for because I'm totally down for people leveling instead of whoring.

What if we added a script that blocks a maxed race if you are race whored off it  and you have it past a certain level. 

For example, If i got whored on Human Alliance and my race was at level 100 I would not be able to get back on it until the following map or a set number of rounds or even going as far as to block it for the following map. 

It would encourage players to branch out and balance out races that would typically never be played and also provide a balance of skill/race

What if we added a script that blocks a maxed race if you are race whored off it  and you have it past a certain level. 

For example, If i got whored on Human Alliance and my race was at level 100 I would not be able to get back on it until the following map or a set number of rounds or even going as far as to block it for the following map. 

It would encourage players to branch out and balance out races that would typically never be played and also provide a balance of skill/race

Doubt it would actually work... Ppl would just rotate on the set op races: rpg, devil servant, unholy paladin into adventurer and repeat the cycle... And imo it's really dumb to force people to play stupid races... Instead of restricting races balance them better :|

Doubt it would actually work... Ppl would just rotate on the set op races: rpg, devil servant, unholy paladin into adventurer and repeat the cycle... And imo it's really dumb to force people to play stupid races... Instead of restricting races balance them better :|

I agree with balancing them but frankly the Engineers would have to go through every single race again, I don't see that happening.

It would also limit the fun for a lot of people. The fun of the mod comes from 1) leveling races 2) playing a race that they find really fun.

The two are not always aligned and while some players may like playing on only one race because the race is OP, Human Alliance is definitely not OP and is inherently fun to play.

It would also limit the fun for a lot of people. The fun of the mod comes from 1) leveling races 2) playing a race that they find really fun.

The two are not always aligned and while some players may like playing on only one race because the race is OP, Human Alliance is definitely not OP and is inherently fun to play.

We here at syndicate Gamers are anti-Pug, but you wouldn't know that mentality (you dirty golden tail whores you)

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

I think a lot of people toss around the term "x is OP" as if it is just a matter of fact and nothing can be done about it. We are constantly trying to balance races. Every race should be unique, some races have some type of niche attached to playing it(such as sensei being extremely reliant on its ultimate). It's difficult to balance around the niches, but we do our best. 

I think you(rootbeer) made a good point about limiting the fun for a lot of people. This is why I'm against our whoring rule as a whole, and against implementing more restrictions that pertain to whoring a race(playing a race you enjoy playing, but getting a 4:1 KDR with it). I think people need to realize that a lot of our players, and wc3mod players in general, tend to have a favorite couple of races they tend to stick to. I'm no exception to this, I fucking love archimonde, undead scourge, humanliance, and sensei. I used to be able to get 4:1 KDR like it was my job, but definitely not so much anymore with my limited play time. 

Just the existance of the whoring rules tells me that races are simply not balanced enough and need tweaking, which we do constantly. I'm fairly certain everyone would be fucking pissed if I made the whoring rules go away, but I feel that they don't have a place on our server. I'm totally against more restrictions on 'whoring' (PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE RACE LIKE A PRO). I feel like im just ranting and rambling on about this, but w/e. Thats my opinion

I think a lot of people toss around the term "x is OP" as if it is just a matter of fact and nothing can be done about it. We are constantly trying to balance races. Every race should be unique, some races have some type of niche attached to playing it(such as sensei being extremely reliant on its ultimate). It's difficult to balance around the niches, but we do our best. 

I think you(rootbeer) made a good point about limiting the fun for a lot of people. This is why I'm against our whoring rule as a whole, and against implementing more restrictions that pertain to whoring a race(playing a race you enjoy playing, but getting a 4:1 KDR with it). I think people need to realize that a lot of our players, and wc3mod players in general, tend to have a favorite couple of races they tend to stick to. I'm no exception to this, I fucking love archimonde, undead scourge, humanliance, and sensei. I used to be able to get 4:1 KDR like it was my job, but definitely not so much anymore with my limited play time. 

Just the existance of the whoring rules tells me that races are simply not balanced enough and need tweaking, which we do constantly. I'm fairly certain everyone would be fucking pissed if I made the whoring rules go away, but I feel that they don't have a place on our server. I'm totally against more restrictions on 'whoring' (PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE RACE LIKE A PRO). I feel like im just ranting and rambling on about this, but w/e. Thats my opinion

Very well said. I think with perfect balance the 4:1 rule would be unnecessary, but perfect balance is largely impossible.