Sign in to follow this  
B-cock #1

Map Objectives

So there was a disagreement last night on doing objectives, I verbally told a player they better start moving toward the objective since it was coming up on the one minute mark since he was still in his spawn. He started going toward the objective then he started to walk towards a choke point. I then beaconed him for delaying.

Now, we already had someone that map delay the round until time was up. I couldn't do anything because I was still alive and couldn't see what they were doing, so I did nothing.

We need clarification on what the point of this rule is. Is it to make the team actually try to do the objective or just to prevent them from camping? If the latter is the case then we need to make it so the rule says no camping after 1 minute. If that's not the case then we need to determine what is actually attempting to do the objective. Is walking the entire way there where you may not make it in time valid because you're walking in the general direction?

I can accept the fact that i at be wrong in what I did, for future reference I think its best that we iron this out now. Also do you punish the one person who wasn't heading toward the objective or do you punish the team if the objective wasn't done by a specific time?

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

I think this rule isn't enforced enough. Nothing is exciting like 19 people watching 3 guys sit in corners for a minute and a half.

If you ever notice someone like myself, I don't sit around and waste time when I'm last alive.

Either

a) you die regardless, or,

b) you get in trouble/make everyone hate you cause you sit in a corner to save your precious shop items, when you are either

1) good and can rebuy them quickly, or

2) bad and will likely die and lose them next round anyways

This shit drives me up the wall because you are clearly trying way to hard to preserve your items and k/d ratio while blatantly wasting 20 people's time.

If it was up to me, if the clock hit 1 min and somebody verbally said "objective" and they didn't begin *even making an attempt* before the 45 second mark I would slay them.

I say *making an attempt* because maybe the bomb is at A and you are at B and you are going to go the long way because you *likely* have time to get there and kill/plant the bomb, especially as a faster race.

If somebody has voice off and dies because they are camping, it is their own problem for not paying attention and having voice off. I play with voice off like ~30% of the time so I am willing to be liable for not paying attention as well.

Edited by Face

my point was, jailbreak rounds take fucking ages. wc3 time is nothing compared to it. I agree, the player shouldn't be camping, but if they are actively going towards the objective, it is fine in my book(CROUCHING, WAlKING, RUNNING, TELEPORTING, LONGJUMPING, W/E). past the 1 min mark, you can poke and prod them to do the objective. Slaying is a bit much, just for being a bit scared to do the obj. I would beacon, and if they literally didn't make any attempt to get towards their objective within 30 seconds, I'd beacon and ghost them. I could definitely see myself slaying someone if they ignored the warning(through chat) and are a REGULAR on the server, though. 

my point was, jailbreak rounds take fucking ages. wc3 time is nothing compared to it. I agree, the player shouldn't be camping, but if they are actively going towards the objective, it is fine in my book(CROUCHING, WAlKING, RUNNING, TELEPORTING, LONGJUMPING, W/E). past the 1 min mark, you can poke and prod them to do the objective. Slaying is a bit much, just for being a bit scared to do the obj. I would beacon, and if they literally didn't make any attempt to get towards their objective within 30 seconds, I'd beacon and ghost them. I could definitely see myself slaying someone if they ignored the warning(through chat) and are a REGULAR on the server, though. 

I'd agree with all of this. I didn't consider if the individual is a regular or not on the server, but that is a huge deal. If they had less than like 500 levels I'd definitely give them a couple of warnings before doing anything.

Edited by Face

They must proceed towards the objective after the 1 minute mark. If by the 30 second mark they made no progress (as in crouching and moving like 3 feet), then feel free to slay because it will just end with them dying or running out of time most likely.

Thanks Coolness.

There have been some confusion in this lately but it's pretty clear that if you blatantly waste everyone's time you're clearly going to get some disdain from the administration.