Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clamps

H1Z1

Polloloco has the game, I'd ask him. Personally I'm very wary of all Zombie survival games since WarZ trying to get on the easy money train.

Polloloco has the game, I'd ask him. Personally I'm very wary of all Zombie survival games since WarZ trying to get on the easy money train.

Yeah that game was a joke. This one is being produced by SoE. The only thing I'm seeing as a possible turnoff is it looks like they're going to have bullshit micro transactions and in game purchases like they have for Planetside 2. 

Infestation: Survivor Stories

It's P2W right now with the air drops with military guns and ammo right now. But they already have a patch coming to fix the drop rate. My opinion is that this looks just like how warz went.

It's P2W right now with the air drops with military guns and ammo right now. But they already have a patch coming to fix the drop rate. My opinion is that this looks just like how warz went.

Yeah looks like they patched it already. The servers haven't even been live a full day yet so I'm sure there's going to be a boatload of issues. I think I might give it a week or two to get its shit together before deciding if I want to play it.

I follow John Smeldley(SoE President) on twitter and he just fired these off.

f3f1b2305adf929599d437d9a1b4619c.png

Not going to buy it at least not for a while, they clearly tried to screw everyone with P2W after stating multiple times they wouldn't add anything that was P2W. Hard to trust them at this point.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/556142754254704641

They will give refunds but say nothing of changing it, which to me clearly shows they are just going to keep pulling this shit till the game dies.

They will give refunds but say nothing of changing it, which to me clearly shows they are just going to keep pulling this shit till the game dies.

http://gyazo.com/7bb8349beb07c6ee614cd89f3c2a32c7

They're fixing it. I still dont think i'll get it. The whole paying 20 bucks to Alpha and Beta test their game still feels kind of insulting. 

Game is decent

Some statistics

3 guys were cool

1 guy needed help making shit

1 guy got his shit punched in

1 guy ran at me with an axe

So far no lasting alliances have been forged

You should just play breaking point if you have arma 3

I tried Breaking Point.

I never ran into ANYONE.

Found a car, got bored, trashed it, called it quits.

All I see is Dayz, with some deer and bears to hunt. 

you are not wrong. minor differences:

No server hopping

Apparently crafting system is better? IDK about this, never got big into DayZ

When you scavenge you actually find more than a rotten apple every 3 towns

I still have quite a bit of hope for rust, garry is a decent developer and has used his gmod $$$ to get a good studio going so my prediction is rust will be pretty big this summer.

I still have quite a bit of hope for rust, garry is a decent developer and has used his gmod $$$ to get a good studio going so my prediction is rust will be pretty big this summer.

Agreed. Rust has some very good potential. 

Except for the fact you have to pay a bribe to get a dedicated server going!

I can only suggest what I have come to learn. Stop beta test buying. It makes them get the money and never have a real promise to release the game. Im refusing to buy beta games anymore unless its a new concept and looks purely amazing or something. H1Z1 just looks like another one of those survival games where theyre never going to release a full version and it will be buggy and dumb unless theyre forced to finish.

Is it just another DayZ , WarZ Clone? Has anybody gota review or decent description of how it is, cause i usually wont pay unless its fully developed.

How do the servers work on H1Z1? Is it a super mega server, where everyone plays on one server? Or like csgo servers --/32 or w.e? If it's the latter, I don't really see why there's all this hype with H1Z1, seems to me like another DayZ clone D: Or I just hate zombie survival open world games in general

How do the servers work on H1Z1? Is it a super mega server, where everyone plays on one server? Or like csgo servers --/32 or w.e? If it's the latter, I don't really see why there's all this hype with H1Z1, seems to me like another DayZ clone D: Or I just hate zombie survival open world games in general

I don't know how many players a server holds total but if I had to guess I'd put the number around 100. It could be half of that, it could be double, I'm just guessing.

~200 @ release as mentioned by a dev on one of his streams. wants to push it further as they get later in development