Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marine Putin

Rip my pc

Umm im not sure what happened but i was on jb and then sparks shot out my computer and then 3 gun shot sounds came out of my cp. im guessing this is bad and how much damage would this be?

So it doesn't turn on? Any parts burnt?

Sounds like the criminal was the power supply but it could have shorted out everything else.

Safe to assume she died. Sounds like a power surge fried your power supply. And probably a couple other things... <br /><br /><br />RIP

Like i said, it could be the power supply itself, but its highly unlikely, it is connected to basically everything in your computer and could have shorted everything out.

Curse of joining sG 3 spooky 5 me. But seriously, if it is your PSU you might wanna test the other parts in a different computer to see if they are still kicking.

R.I.P Putins PC  I think most of us are dipshits. I'd get help on a tech forum if you haven't already.

You'd actually be wrong.

You'd actually be wrong.

In some cases, Have you tried duct tape?

You cheaped out on the PSU, didnt you.

He didn't build it, so whoever built it cheaped out. Protip: build own computers.

Well you are in a sticky situation. If you think is was the PSU then you might be able to salvage some parts. However, if a part caused the short then you could just fry another PSU by testing it out. First thing you need to do is take it apart and examine the parts for scorch marks. Likely culprits if a part caused it would be the motherboard in general or a HD if you had a regular non SSD one. Also, the video card could have caused it. Basically anything that plugs directly into the PSU. Check the underside for scorch marks and then if none found start looking over the traces and look for blown capacitors. If you have a multimeter you can check the HD for continuity. Video card may be easy as well depending on type but forget checking the motherboard as it would be too complicated.