Sign in to follow this  
Fugner

Suggestion for JB

The JB winter event has attracted many new players that have never played the server before, and with this comes people who don't know the rules and ask us to afk freeze. Pike came up with a great idea in teamspeak. Have new players connecting to the server for the first time be forced on t side for an hour or so before they can be a CT. This way we can prevent anyone from coming on as a ct and mass freekilling, and also allow players who don't really know the rules to get a feel of how we do things. This prevents new players from coming on CT team and giving invalid orders and ruining the flow of things. The only way we could really do this is through some sort of plugin. If anyone knows of one that does what a described or can make one, please comment.

TL;DR: Make new players spend 1 hour as a T to learn about the rules and avoid mass freekilling.

That has being suggested in many other ways before (based on his points or w/e), and I have always favored this. 

IIRC this is not implemented because it lowers the JB pop.

That has being suggested in many other ways before (based on his points or w/e), and I have always favored this. 

IIRC this is not implemented because it lowers the JB pop.

I guess thats the only real downside to it. But how many people would get turned off by this? If anything it weeds out the people who are not willing to learn the rules or want to just mass freekill. If really needed, it could be put on for a trial period and we can watch the population and note any differences, that is if we ever get such plugin lol.

Edited by Fugner

That has being suggested in many other ways before (based on his points or w/e), and I have always favored this. <br />IIRC this is not implemented because it lowers the JB pop.
I think it was a combination of lowering the pop and coding that prevented implementation of that.

I think it was a combination of lowering the pop and coding that prevented implementation of that.

Well piplup has a friend with a plugin that does exactly that on his JB server, so coding might not be an issue.

Or the admins could just restrict any CT that clearly doesn't know the rules.

Easier said than done, sometimes the people breaking rules overwhelm the few admins that are on. Most paidmans don't enforce rules and that lea es the one or two SOS to deal with everything.

Easier said than done, sometimes the people breaking rules overwhelm the few admins that are on. Most paidmans don't enforce rules and that lea es the one or two SOS to deal with everything.

or they seem to play fine for many rounds and then do something incredibly stupid because "it isn't against the rules.... it isn't against the rules.... it isn't against the rules... I do it all the time! On this other server I play it is allowed!"

FUCK YOU!!! WE ARE NOT OTHER SERVERS. ya piece of shit. and don't say it isn't against the rules when referring to other servers there are no global JB rules across all servers!!!!

We should implement warning shots for Ts not activly rebelling such facing the wrong direction or going the wrong way if they dont know where to go or something like that. but ts that are shooting or rushing a ct can be killed instantly Sorry for bumping and old thread but I didnt see anything about warning shots and I didnt feel it would be neccesary to make a new thread.