Sign in to follow this  
Face

Adventurer Adjustments

This is largely directed at Thorgot (as he made advent) but I'd like to know if others agree with me on this.

I thought this most of the way leveling adventurer and I know a couple of other people agree with me on it.

Adventurer as a class needs adjusting, not nerfs or buffs though.

It seems like any time you play advent, you might as well be using +hp, +evasion, +dmg, and +speed. An argument could be made for using other skills if you are awping, however any time I try to awp on advent I realize I'd save a lot of angst by simply using archimonde or master sniper. As such, I believe if you are playing adventurer and not using those four skills that you are only hindering yourself by not playing a different class or using those four skills.

It is worth noting: I am not saying those skills or any combination of skills is "overpowered", as I do not believe that to be the case. I simply think the other skills are underpowered and need to be improved with the goal of giving the class more options and not flat out making it better.

My views are such:

Lifesteal: the lifesteal is way too low and I don't think I've ever seen it used by a maxed out advent. Needs to be increased carefully because if it is too high it could make the class OP very fast.

Bash: Chance and duration are both too low. 

Damage reduction: 10% damage reduction is a joke when compared to 20% evasion in my eyes. An argument can be made that if you get hit by an awp it is more valuable to have the 10% damage reduction, but to that I would say the 40hp is 1000x more valuable and this is still worthless.

Invisibility: The invisibility is way too low. If I remember correctly it is 40 or 50%? Should easily be 60 or 65% maxed.

The goal of this isn't to make some super OP combination of skills, the goal of the buffs to skills would be to create variety in adventurer. I think the class has a lot more potential in its design than is currently utilized. I understand buffing skills (though they are largely unused skills) on a top-tier class is a dangerous delicate process, but I think if done properly would make the class more fun and I hope I've gotten my point across.

I tried to make adjustments when I ported the race from eventscripts because it was much the same on source: only 4 skills were ever used, for the most part. Obviously I didn't do a good job there. Do you have any specific suggestions for numbers for the unused skills?

If any of the engineers wants to buff the other four skills they are welcome to, though I would caution against raising invisibility or bash significantly as then adventurer becomes a better Human Alliance.

Total players maxed in adventurer: 74

Number of people with a maxed Adventurer and at least 10 levels in

• Strength (Dmg): 70
  • Agility (Speed): 68
  • Endurance (HP): 66
  • Cunning (Invis): 15
  • Vampiric Claw (Leech): 21
  • Frozen Staff (Bash): 21
  • Rogue Cloak (Evasion): 48
  • Golem Armour (Resistance): 3

Resistance clearly needs a big buff, probably up to 15 or even 20%. Cunning needs a buff for sure, but not a large one. I'm not convinced that leech or bash need a buff, when more than 25% of maxed players already use it.

Total players maxed in adventurer: 74

Number of people with a maxed Adventurer and at least 10 levels in
  • Strength (Dmg): 70
  • Agility (Speed): 68
  • Endurance (HP): 66
  • Cunning (Invis): 15
  • Vampiric Claw (Leech): 21
  • Frozen Staff (Bash): 21
  • Rogue Cloak (Evasion): 48
  • Golem Armour (Resistance): 3

Resistance clearly needs a big buff, probably up to 15 or even 20%. Cunning needs a buff for sure, but not a large one. I'm not convinced that leech or bash need a buff, when more than 25% of maxed players already use it.

I would say put leech to maybe 15% (10 just seems so low but maybe I'm crazy since 25% disagree with me), damage resistance to 15% (something about 40hp, 20% dmg resistance, 20% evasion seems too good).

I think invis should be 60% (same as human alliance, you get 10 less HP and the bash can be worse). The 20% on frozen staff just seems so low, I don't know if human alliance bash is the same duration but the 20% is the killer for me because you rarely take 4+ bullets to kill meaning the bash can have very little effect any given round. I'd even say if it was maybe a higher % chance and lower duration (e.g. 35% bash chance but maybe 80% of the duration of human alliance).

Just throwing out ideas.

It is also worth noting, I'm surprised how many people have vamp and frozen staff, so that is nice to see. Maybe they aren't as bad as I think.

edit: another idea would be to change golem armor to something else like mid tier hp regen but that might be too much

Edited by Face

adventurer needs changes I don't mean buffs but pls buff the other skills xDXDDDDXDXDXDXDXD

I do agree though :P

Edited by xmen

defo keep golem armor, just upped a lil bit. I think the bash and invis are fine. 15% leech sounds pretty balanced. 

Sounds pretty reasonable, I'll check it out and tell you how it all feels if you push it. I appreciate you guys looking at it.

Edited by Face

Adventurer is top tier. It is almost boring to play sometimes as its simply too good at many things. Apart from the current suggestions made, I would recommend that some of its skills get turned down to make it more balanced overall. This may also lead players to adopt different builds as other skills become more valuable.